DOJ Escalates Effort To Get Govt Docs From Navarro’s Private Email

Whutcha hiding, Peter? Anything interesting on your phone?

Navarro is now essentially operating as an enemy combatant - he has a set of goals & objectives that are focused on delaying & obstructing everything that the DOJ is seeking to do.

1 Like

At TPM??

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for continually reminding us what “civilization” is!

5 Likes

:100:
The alternative to political process and the rule of law is pointy sticks and pistols.

4 Likes

More effective is to deny him his Taco Bell Nachos BelGrande and Diet Pepsi until he complies.

NARA was unaware of Navarro’s ProtonMail account until the House’s COVID-19 government response subcommittee flagged it in its investigation, according to the DOJ
… … … … …

NARA needs also to be aware that Navarro is a Borg… Witness the wire from his brain implants…

4 Likes

These fuckers shouldn’t be in a country club doing a high school newspaper. They should be breaking rocks in the hot sun.

Let’s us see how long it takes to sentence Stewart Rhodes and his 4 others in their seditious conspiracy trial and compare that to the indictment of trump (step one). Rhodes has already been indicted, arrested, jailed and put on trial for a crime trump should rightly have been charged with a year and a half ago. After all. It isn’t like the evidence is not in the public sphere or anything…
In my non-lawyer opinion it is well past time to indict trump on a variety of serious felony charges.

4 Likes

Sort of something like a “chafing dish”?

3 Likes

Look, I love the Rule of Law as much as the next guy, but… we fail, far too often, to live up to our ideals, is it really too much to ask, that just once, once, we fail to live up to our ideals when the subject is a putatively wealthy white asshat, who’s a regular guest on Faux Noise, a guy who was involved in trying to overthrow the Rule of Law that now shelters him, instead of some harmless black kid from nowhere? Why do we never get to choose who ends up on the wrong end of an “office involved shooting”?

3 Likes

Although I’m sure Navarro’s e-mail account has records of interest to anyone researching the Trump administation’s response to the Covid pandemic, these don’t seem to have any obvious connection to the records being sought directly from Trump about attempts to reverse the election results or to obstruct the transfer of power. It seems to me the main result of the inquiry might be, as txlawyer says, that Navarro will have deleted some or all of these records and will have to come up with some explanation or face prosecution.

3 Likes

Navarro himself is currently facing contempt charges on failure to turn over info to the Jan6 committee. I’m curious whether his request for immunity is related to what’s in his emails in addition to documenting his Covid mishandling ( though there might be some documentary proof of self-dealing there too)

3 Likes

Rhodes did his crimes in writing, making his criminal intent clear as day. Trump didn’t put his crimes in writing, and none of the people who are likely able to testify to his participation in the criminal conspiracies have flipped (so far as we know). Meanwhile, the MAL search warrant is unmistakable proof that DOJ does not consider Trump to be above the law, and at least two additional J6 rioters have been found guilty of major felonies already today. Every indication is that things are proceeding apace.

ETA: I think DOJ already has enough to charge Trump with conspiracy to obstruct, maybe even seditious conspiracy, and obtain conviction. They certainly have enough to charge him with conspiracy to defraud on the fake electors gambit. But they’re wise to keep working the investigation until it’s factually bulletproof, because otherwise they’re taking a great risk that SCOTUS will set him free.

16 Likes

By definition, Trump’s minions are obligated to be Performance Artists.

3 Likes

You should take solace in how murderously pissed off Navarro must be after the filing of the lawsuit, which will probably be the subject of a summary judgment motion. And how scared he must be as the walls close in on him and his fellow charlatan Donald John Trump.

8 Likes

Was Navarro on board with Dr. Atlas’ push for herd immunity through mass death and disability?

1 Like

Thank you as always for educating this nonlawyer. I value your posts.
I am comforted that DoJ does not consider trump to be above the law although is sure feels that way sometimes. The indictment, when or if it comes will cause me relief that we actually still have a justice system that considers the rich and powerful as not above the law.
I am sure that if I had a single sheet of any document (classified or not) from trump’s hoard I would have been confronted by several unsmiling folks with bulges under their arms (gun under jacket) months ago and by now I would be a resident of the Big House with shit loads of time on my hands.

6 Likes

Not unless you stole them or refused to give them back.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available