DOJ Escalates Effort To Get Govt Docs From Navarro’s Private Email

The Justice Department’s starting to play hardball in its bid to take back the government records that ex-White House adviser Peter Navarro continues to clutch onto via his non-official email account.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1433663

I am so sick of this bullshit. Start arresting these assholes now. FFS.

40 Likes

Nothing smells fishy like demanding immunity for doing what is legally required.

60 Likes

Navarro had a PRIVATE EMAIL SERVER? That he used to stow massive numbers of highly classified documents? Which he won’t surrender???

Oh, he’s a Republican? Never mind; nothing to see here…

44 Likes

The judge weighed in.

11 Likes

But his emails!!!

12 Likes

Prosecutors alleged in the lawsuit that Navarro now refuses to turn over the documents unless the government promises him a “grant of immunity” for returning them.

And that is totally normal behavior for someone with no consciousness of guilt.

32 Likes

Requesting a grant of immunity if he is to show his red hand he’s hiding. Pathetic. Navarro will play victim all the way into a jail cell.

8 Likes

Maybe someday he’ll be able to go back to his career as a truly crappy economist.

10 Likes

“…if you build it, he will come…”

--The Case--
4 Likes

Entirely appropriately. Who knows, Navarro might just default.

20 Likes

If Navarro defaults and doesn’t come through after a court order, can he be held in contempt of court? If so, for how long?

This guy is still running around on Fox News acting like he knows everything. Good, now he can tell everything by forking over those emails.

7 Likes

That’s not how default works. You just lose. He can later be held in contempt if he doesn’t comply with the resulting judgment.

21 Likes

Is there some room for Navarro in the back of Ken Paxton’s truck?

15 Likes

I’m so old I remember when the central tenet of Republicanism was that private email servers were very bad.

39 Likes

But. His. Emails!

To reserve unto oneself behavior which one condemns in others is a strong indicator of moral, ethical, and legal corruption. (Understatement…)

12 Likes

I’m with I See You. Lock him up, march him off in leg irons like they did Susan McDougal. Only this time, he’s covering up stuff.

Oh, and fire Cuffieri and investigate his ass for wrong doing. And FIRE DEJOY TODAY please.

There’s no reason these mf’ers are collecting paychecks from the American Taxpayers. And there’s no downside, none, zip, nada, zilch, to fire them, the only thing that we get is cheers from the American People for throwing out at least 2 essentially traitors to our Nation.

And Prosecute them. DeJoy has interfered with mail delivery, he’s destroyed government property and lied about who knows how many things. Fire him please Joe. Everytime I buy a stamp I weep a little thinking of that jerk ruining my Post Office.

18 Likes

Perhaps an overstatement. A decision on summary judgment is deferred until after Team Navarro has filed an answer to the suit: “…Plaintiff has moved for summary judgment before Defendant has filed an answer or otherwise responded to Plaintiff’s complaint.”
I’m not sure that’s anything but a warranted due process delay; although, IANAL.

3 Likes

They arrested Navarro previously. He was very whiny about it.

Summary fiat justice is the best justice, right?

For whatever reason, DOJ has elected to file a civil lawsuit. There are rules that come with civil lawsuits. Those rules apply to everyone, including Peter Navarro. None of those rules call for his summary imprisonment.

19 Likes

Dr. ClieNt privilEgE!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available