DOJ Asks 11th Circuit To Overturn Entire Cannon Order

The Florida judge who blocked the DOJ’s investigation into classified records held at Mar-a-Lago undermined her own ruling, prosecutors said in a filing before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1435952

Seems that DOJ has a lot of momentum in this effort. I never understood the basis for Cannon becoming involved at all other than tfgs calling in a favor. While she may be out of her element in this matter I’m sure she’d make a very good municipal judge for a small Floriduhh community.

51 Likes

Frist?

Let’s hope something - anything - can get this tankie out of the loop.

Outtake from my dog’s photo session.

ETA edged out by @sooner
:cry:

42 Likes

Loose Cannon Secured

28 Likes

Well, when your name is @sooner

24 Likes

So where are all the folks ready to opine on Garland being useless?

17 Likes

Cannon is evidently the ideal Trump judicial appointee: either ignorant or (more likely in her case) disregarding of the law when it relates to Trump.

Surely, she cannot have much judicial credibility remaining after this is all over.

51 Likes

She may have a position as a faux legal analyst, though.

10 Likes

I’ll see your adorable dog and raise you one precious pooch…

39 Likes

Love the doggie and the carpet. :grinning:

13 Likes

Cannon’s problem is she needed a better mentor. Her judicial career is over. She finds herself a laughing stock.

19 Likes

Somewhat tangential, but still relevant to the standard to be met for obtaining an order that seized property be returned under Fed R. Crim. P. 41(g), U.S. District Court for District of New Mexico treats John Eastman to a sad trombone fanfare: no return of his seized cell phone for now.

Microsoft Word - 22mc0023 (Eastman) MOO 2.docx (politico.com)

37 Likes

If TFG was her life coach, she needs to take a hard look at some of her life choices.

8 Likes

People are saying she should resign as Judge and go to work for the Tr@mps.

6 Likes

If her career is over, it’s fine with them. What do women know anyway? And then they picked one for this to prove their point.

6 Likes

Too bad “Night Court” is no longer on the air. Her entire performance thus far has been a perfect audition for a role in that series - certainly not as judge, but perhaps as bailiff. Or, better yet, one of the defendants.

12 Likes

After she failed as dogcatcher…

8 Likes

Wow, nobody here is cynical enough.
She’ll be nominated for the Supreme Court if an R gets into the White House.

17 Likes

There is always Traffic Court. Unfortunately, Federal Judgeships are eternal. She will be a District Judge until she dies.

7 Likes

Or is impeached and removed.

Maybe she should resign instead?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available