DNI Warns For The First Time That Russia Wants To Damage Biden In The 2020 Election | Talking Points Memo

The Russian government is supporting efforts to damage Joe Biden and boost President Trump, counterintelligence chief William Evanina said on Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1324781
1 Like

And the DNI will be fired in 3 . 2 . 1.

14 Likes

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, oops, thrice - no wait - repeatedly -uh, over and over and over again…wait a minute!

26 Likes

So the DNI is officially going BothSides on Russian electoral interference?

31 Likes

Counterintelligence chief William Evanina is obviously part of the deep state and was lucky to fool Trump into appointing him as DNI. It goes to show how far those deep state conspiracists will go… imagine trying to embarrass Trump like this.

12 Likes

Surprise, surprise, surprise . . . . Donnie’s good buddy is trying to do damage to Donnie’s opponent, Joe Biden.

Gee, I wonder how Donnie’s RethugliCON, evangelical, god-fearing supporters feel about having former Communist KGB agent Vladimir Putin working for the benefit of their orange-topped hero. Do I hear anything about a Manchurian Candidate?

12 Likes

Russia prefers Trump is not exactly news.

26 Likes

Seems about as weak a statement as the DNI could make.

15 Likes

So we see that we have become one of those lesser countries whose elections have become proxy fights between two of the greater powers. I never imagined that something so humiliating could happen to this country in my lifetime.

39 Likes

Where was the DNI warning in 2016? Thanks Obama.

3 Likes

Russia wants Trump to be president.

9 Likes
21 Likes

waiting

Waiting to hear the steps Trump is demanding our counterintelligence take to stop this interference into our election.

7 Likes

And the DNI also assures us that Generalissimo Franco is still dead and the “secret” ingredient in Gleem Toothpaste was GL-70.

19 Likes

They feel mighty good to have Vlad’s help because they’d “rather be Russian” than have a Democrat as the president. They’d even rather accept help from Satan himself. Maybe they have.

29 Likes

“Many foreign actors have a preference for who wins the election, which they express through a range of overt and private statements; covert influence efforts are rarer,” Evanina wrote, before listing the three efforts as having broadly the same objectives.

Russia: Trump is “Still Ours”

Saudi Arabia: Kushner is “In my pocket”

China prefers Trump to lose to Biden?
Really…Didn’t Trump ask China to help him win re-election?

AND then there’s Ukraine…
A051E606-FB71-4EE7-8217-C063F2F194FA

17 Likes

And… about time this was said:

Democratic Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler warned rioters in his city on Friday that they had become “a prop” for President Donald Trump, and advised them to think twice about their actions.

“This is a political point, so it’s a little out afield,” Wheeler said during a virtual press conference. “Don’t think for a moment that if you are participating in this activity that you are not being a prop for the reelection campaign of Donald Trump, because you absolutely are.”

Added:
And saying China wants to see Biden win is not a plus.Trump will be using that line again very soon.

24 Likes

The statement was an example of bothsiderism.

23 Likes

Yes, but then he shat all over them repeatedly, unlike the way he’s been treating Putin.

10 Likes

I’d say that they have. Trump’s supporters have already made that Faustian deal, and we got stuck with a Satan in the White House.

8 Likes