DNC Will Kick Off With Prime Time Biden Speech

Originally published at: DNC Will Kick Off With Prime Time Biden Speech - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Democratic delegates from across the country are gathering in Chicago for the first day of the Democratic National Convention Monday. During the four-day convention, Vice President Kamala Harris and her running mate Gov. Tim Walz are, of course, set to be selected as the Democratic presidential and vice presidential nominees and the Democratic Party is…

1 Like

First for the DNC!

42 Likes

Allentown, PA firefighter (paid firefighter) and union president to speak at DNC tonight.

Here’s reporting from The Morning Call newspaper (Allentown’s main newspaper). Yes, the same Allentown from the Billy Joel song.

"Allentown fire Lieutenant and union President Jeremy Warmkessel will share the stage with President Joe Biden, first lady Jill Biden and other prominent Democrats on Monday night at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago.

Warmkessel, who is president of IAFF Local 302 representing Allentown firefighters, is expected to give remarks around 8 p.m. on the main stage.

“I’m pretty used to speaking to people and in front of people, but not on this type of stage. It’s going to be a little nerve wracking,” Warmkessel said in a phone interview Monday.

He said he plans to speak about the economy, corporate tax fairness and his support for Vice President Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign.

“I’m a firefighter in Allentown, we make a humble wage, we shouldn’t be paying more in taxes than huge corporations,” Warmkessel said.

His remarks, which come on the first night of the convention, will last approximately three minutes.“”

35 Likes

Ot…
Good fucking god…trump delay again…

Manhattan DA’s office doesn’t oppose Trump’s request to delay next month’s sentencing

By Kara Scannell, CNN

:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_vomiting::nauseated_face:

Justice delayed is justice DENIED
C’mon judge… give donnie yer “parental stern lecture” from the bench… wag yer finger at him and call him a very bad and naughty boy and get this shit over with. Or alternatively treat him like a convicted felon and give him what he has earned… years in prison.

26 Likes

I wonder if this is more a chess move for the prosecutor. Am I correct, Trump cannot appeal until sentenced?

10 Likes

Ummm - the list of todays speakers is wrong, Rep. James E. Clyburn is NOT a republican.

2 Likes

Amazing.

36 Likes

Over the weekend, in the Hive, there was som comparisons made between Harris and Ardern.

Former New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will attend the Democratic National Convention that begins on Monday in Chicago, according to New Zealand media reports.

The New Zealand Herald and website Stuff both reported Ardern would be attending the event as well as joining a panel hosted by the Democrat-aligned think-tank and advocacy organisation, the Centre for American Progress Action Fund.

25 Likes

Don’t forget the mandatory gender re-assignments as a condition of entry! /s

32 Likes

Gotta check in any religious paraphernalia.

8 Likes

I hear the lines are longer for Free Heroin, Election Theft, and Arugula.

57 Likes

Chicago is only a drive away. I’ll do anything for free arugula.

26 Likes

Confirmed… Harris is gonna make a play for North Carolina…

Or at least going to Carolina in her mind…

44 Likes

Still up to the Judge. I am not sure the
Judge will agree

8 Likes

I am a very big fan of Ardern.

It blows me away that NZ has agreed to take Elon Musk. (Was reported a few years ago.) That’s like inviting an arsonist into your chicken coop.

29 Likes

Judge:

“Delay? Sure… how does mid-to-late October sound?”

10 Likes

I went to the Republican Convention and all I got was fentanyl and a $40 t-shirt

37 Likes

I’m going to follow the convention here. I can’t remember the last convention I watched and, for me, it’s like watching grass grow or paint dry. The salient, important issues will turn up here and in the live blog and I’ll be content with that.

Plus the fact, I’ve got work-related stuff every day this week. This retirement stuff isn’t all that or a bag of chips.

20 Likes

Money talks…they’ve already accepted Peter Thiel…

10 Likes

A Chicago welcome to the DNC from a favorite local hot dog place:

69 Likes