Discussion:

It is not clear to me what could possibly erode Trump’s support in the Republican base. Really. What? Does he eat deep-fried aborted fetuses for lunch? Seriously, this is a man who has just advocated a completely illegal identification and classification system for American citizens based on religion. This doesn’t hurt him with the base.

And I do mean “base”.

10 Likes

To paraphrase a Robin Williams’ bit. Does the name Custer mean anything to these people?

4 Likes

Foolish, foolish Puggie’ establishment!

Trumpzilla’ cannot and will not be stopped by you puny bunch of LOSERS’!

You are doomed! He will squash you all! He’‘s YOOOOOOOOOGE’! …and all powerful. He’s the Destroyer of Worlds! …Did I mention all powerful?

(*And as CanadaHere reminded me. He’s classy too!)

12 Likes

Trump’s facisim should really be enough. It is sad that the republicans need more to derail him. Sad that not one republican candidate has shown even a fraction of compassion for the victims of terrorism.

Every other candidate should be denouncsling trump today. Every other candidate should compare him to Adolf Hitler, as no candidate for presidency has ever been so like that hated German dictator.

8 Likes

The Democrats have a similar super secret plan to take down Donald Trump. It’s called Continue to Let Him Talk. It serves the dual purpose of allowing Trump to appeal to the mouth-breathing-nut-job Republicans (I know, I know, redundant) while simultaneously allowing reasonable Americans everywhere to understand the level of craziness that has infiltrated the Republican Party. His supporters may be loud and obnoxious, but they by no stretch of the imagination make up the majority of the voting populous.

18 Likes

Don’t forget classy. Very classy.

5 Likes

In their smoke filled back rooms they have always feared their base. . Now they fear they have lost control of their base.

6 Likes

Haven’t we heard this before? Same song, different verse. And Trump keeps on getting stronger.

The Establishment is going to try to triangulate between the base and Trump? By bragging about all the dark money they’ve got? Even tea-partiers despise that aspect of their Party. Good luck with that.

10 Likes

Of course they’ll have to practice repelling, simulating a Trump Tower break in.

1 Like

There is no bottom to this. Trump embodies the Republican Id.

Since 2009 it has not been about policy, about thoughtfully debating over differences of opinion, or achieving a meeting of the minds.

Republicans nowadays are motivated and fueled by white-hot resentment, ginned-up outrage and grievance. They’re done with politics – they want an avenging strongman to take back their county from the godless liberals and sell-out RINOs.

This won’t end well. As with the article about David Vitter’s fear-mongering, someone’s going to get killed.

18 Likes

This initiative will fall flat on its face! The so-called mainstream/country club Republicans don’t have any credibility with the Tea Partiers which they help create and financed, these people you’ve seem showing up at local town meetings or posting their vile online will NOT listen to these Republicans, Donald Trump and Ben Carson knows which demographic they’re catering to! As long as Donald Trump keeps up with his boorish appeal to nativist, racists, hateful wing of the Republican Party which are poorly educated and prone demagoguery.

The irony is they created this monster in the laboratory and now they (GOTP) won’t listen to its creator.

5 Likes

George Carlin warned you idiotic Bagger-pandering Repuke party bosses what can happen when the sheople find their messianic TV shepherd.

http://f.tqn.com/y/politicalhumor/1/S/W/W/6/trump-stupid-people-large-groups.jpg

Here a woman screams: “Here, please eat my baby, oh god of anger.” Now THAT’S devotion! Doesn’t look good for you establishment GOPhers, huh?

12 Likes

TPM:

Rick Wilson, who has helped a new Rubio-supporting super PAC “Baby Got PAC” …

That would be a great title for a PAC if it didn’t imply that the supported candidate - in this case, Marco Rubio - was a whiny baby too immature for the …

You know what, never mind, that is a great title for a Rubio PAC.

8 Likes

Nothing like a bunch of GOP career hacks forming a circular firing squad to expend tons of ammo (money) taking each other down with hideously negative campaigning and stupid, expensive dirty tricks, while the Democrats have respectful debates and actually discuss substantive policy issues intelligently. The voters in November 2016 will have a stark choice, providing they pay attention to the process.

11 Likes

Until Trump decided to run for president, he’d never be caught in the same room with these morons, let alone rubbing elbows and shaking their hands. He has no history of being sympathetic to working class folks…look at those dummies in your attached picture!!!

2 Likes

But Repubs believe Open Carry makes you safer

5 Likes

Voters have had a stark choice for many years now and have continued to put their collective head in the sand. Thus Republican majorities in the US House & Senate and at the state level across the country. Why would this time be any different?

4 Likes

It’s just more grifters milking the cash cow.

3 Likes

A dream of mine is that he comes out and supporst Hillary after tweeting “Hey, GOP? Pwned!”

10 Likes

Well, as to the issue of the RNC’s strategy in endeavoring to take down Trump, this IS the party than nominated Romney and McCain to go up against President Obama…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available