Discussion:

Discussion for article #242579

ā€œFictitiousā€ = Big 'ol lies.

5 Likes

Iā€™m crushed. Next youā€™ll be telling me he wasnā€™t robbed at gunpoint at a Popeyeā€™s organization.

25 Likes

Dr. Carson, at this point, I think youā€™re an incompetent doctor and a pathological liar as it seems that almost everything in your past was made up.

13 Likes

Carson: ā€œI lied. Do you think that makes me a liar?ā€

29 Likes

ā€œDo you think Iā€™m a pathological liar, like CNN does, or do you think Iā€™m an honest person?ā€

Ooh! Oooh! I know the answer!!! Call on me!!!

25 Likes

Liars often lie in an attempt to get people to like them.

7 Likes

We can and must do better than this!!!

Now thatā€™s some Presidential timber right there!

2 Likes

I think they prefer the term ā€˜embellishmentsā€™ā€¦

2 Likes

True. He has no policies, his platform is content free, Heā€™s not reaching to blacks, by his own admission he doesnā€™t know anything about Cuban-American relations, but wait until heā€™s asked on the push to modify EB-5 visas (Google it), heā€™ll have to go into sleep mode. Or check Google before he responds.

6 Likes

Imaginary friends, imaginary stories, imaginary candidacy.

7 Likes

This headline doesnā€™t really deliver. That saidā€¦

ā€œThe names I used for instance are fictitious names because I donā€™t want to bring people into something like this because I know what you guys do to their livesā€Ž.ā€

I get the feeling Carson thinks this will make those people infamous, with paparazzi constantly hounding them. At most, theyā€™ll ask them a question one time (if they can corroborate it). If they donā€™t corroborate it, they might get book deals. Hell, they may want that type of fame. Look at how willing the former classmates were to speak out.

You guys know, of course, that Egypt has a branch of Johns Hopkins under one of the Pyramids.

4 Likes

Since it seems heā€™s cleverly frustrated any attempt by those awful journalists to find out if these stories are true in the quaint, old-fashioned sense of actually having happened, Iā€™m offering a million bucks to anyone who can come forward and corroborate any of these exciting tales he spins.* That should take the sting out of the press ruining your life. You donā€™t have to have a story that can account for all the different versions heā€™s told; Iā€™m not asking for miracles here. Just something vaguely similar in its general outlines.

*availability of prize money contingent on its not being claimed.

10 Likes

Did you say timber?

10 Likes

The problem Iā€™m having is that he clearly wasnā€™t an incompetent doctor, and thatā€™s what makes this stuff he does baffling - how are these things both true at the same time?

3 Likes

What kind of narcissist LIES in his own biography?

This is the kind of guy that ā€œcheatsā€ at solitaire!

3 Likes

That would be YES!

ā€œIf you choose to believe that Iā€™m incapable of these acts, I guess thatā€™s kind of a compliment to me,ā€ he later added.

I had an unfortunate neighbor once that other neighbors viciously (and quite mistakenly) gossiped about as being a pedophile. All because the kids in the area liked playing in his yard and with his dogs.
 "Those kids spend too much time over there, something's suspicious."
However, just like Ben Carson, he took their malicious gossip as a compliment.

***Um, not.***