Discussion:

Discussion for article #240973

Then why report it? Wait til there’s a story.

5 Likes

Names. Give us names.

3 Likes

“Listen in” to a crowd on live TV always a bad idea.

5 Likes

Was it Sister Sarah?

1 Like

Yeah, like she wears shoes.

8 Likes

Or perhaps the lovely Bristol?

That’s a silly argument.

Why report on the shooting in the South Carolina church before they had the shooter’s name or caught him?

4 Likes

Good thing he kept us safe!

It NEVER gets old.

12 Likes

It will take all of 5 seconds for the Faux crowd to decide it was Huma talking about the Pope.

6 Likes

Because there is a significant difference between a mass shooting with multiple casualties and an overheard out of context comment on throwing shoes? I mean given the absolute lack of context they could just as easily have been describing a fight with a boyfriend/spouse the night before while waiting in the crowd as opposed to anything related to the pope’s visit.

4 Likes

This article is only a little over-the-back-fence gossip. Chuckle and move on is just fine.

5 Likes

Actually I would love to know who it was. Illieana Ross Lathinen perhaps. She looked angry the entire time. I would be willing to bet it was a republican

4 Likes

Ok…the context is she is literally right there with the Pope, as he is entering to give a speech to Congress. Discussing a spat she had with her boyfriend is what would be totally out of context.

4 Likes

Except the Pope wasn’t right there, he hadn’t arrived yet. What you’ve never engaged in small talk while waiting for an event to get started? Anyway my real point was that there is a significant difference between publishing a report before all of the details are in when you are talking about a mass shooting with multiple deaths and a fluff piece like this.

Edit: Similarly if someone had actually thrown their shoe at the pope, reporting on that before determining who did the shoe throwing and what their motive was would also be different then reporting on an overheard comment on shoe throwing where you admit you don’t yet know the name of the speaker or even who they were talking about.

2 Likes

Or Virginia Foxx …

2 Likes

I forgot about her. I hope someone is trying to find out who it was. They should be exposed.

2 Likes

Yeah I doubt she was talking about her boyfriend

1 Like

All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first shoe!

14 Likes

And shoe sizes!