Discussion: WSJ: Flynn Says He's Willing To Testify In Exchange For Immunity Deal

1 Like
40 Likes

“Flynn on Thursday told the FBI and members of Congress that he is willing to be interviewed in exchange for a grant of immunity.”

Crew and passengers disembark the USS Donald J. Trump:

80 Likes

What will explode first, Trump or Obamacare?

26 Likes

Seems to me Russiagate rumors and speculations very often turn out to be true…

23 Likes

It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

42 Likes

Plea deal? Yes. Immunity? No.

52 Likes

This may just push the Nunes nonsense off the front pages. :smile: Nice try at deflection, gang, but here’s a pro tip: BE LESS GUILTY in your next lives. I can’t stress enough how much that helps in these matters.

63 Likes

And awaaaaaaaaaaaay we go!

17 Likes

Hope Flynn is in a secure, undisclosed location.

17 Likes

He’s ready

23 Likes

Boy, I wish I could hear the negotiations on that “bargain” with the House and Senate Intel Committees.

10 Likes

https://m.popkey.co/22a14a/gaN1R.gif

Trump better castle or something quick…Karma Kitteh is THAT good…

45 Likes

Normally, people don’t request immunity unless they understand they’ve done something illegal, or recognize that they’ve done something that at the minimum looks illegal to law enforcement and/or the judicial system, and—importantly—that they are very likely to face charges in the near future. After all, if you don’t think you’re going to be facing any legal shit, why would you ask for immunity? It’s a pretty big tell.

Does this mean somebody has already confronted him with evidence that he’s done something? I guess the most likely entity would be the FBI, perhaps using intelligence gathered by a variety of possible entities.

the fact that Manafort and Page and Stone all “volunteered” without a request for immunity suggests to me they plan to commit perjury.

Yep, pretty much.

Carter Page, who advised President Donald Trump’s campaign on foreign policy, said on Thursday that allegations he collaborated with Russia to influence the 2016 election are “just literally completely false in every way, shape and form.”

A real attorney downthread has a better grasp of this than I do:

This isn’t about prosecution. He’s saying he’ll waive the Fifth in
front of Congress in return for immunizing anything he testifies to in
Congress form being used against him in court. It’s called “the
immunity bath.”

37 Likes

traitors turning on each other. who knew.

15 Likes

And I thought Trump was all about loyalty. Oh, yeah, loyalty and nondisclosure agreements.

14 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

41 Likes

I would only offer immunity on the condition that he provides evidence leading to the prosecution and conviction of Donald Trump.

40 Likes

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available