Discussion: WSJ: Flynn Says He's Willing To Testify In Exchange For Immunity Deal

Somewhat true. To be fair, I think it’s also reasonable to surmise that you ask for immunity when you know something has become so utterly politically charged that peoples’ reactions and behavior is now entirely unpredictable and you know they’re out for scalps. Even if he maintains he did nothing wrong and truly believes he hasn’t, he’d be an idiot not to request immunity. Frankly, the fact that Manafort and Page and Stone all “volunteered” without a request for immunity suggests to me they plan to commit perjury. It’s just hands-down fucking stupid not to have requested it in a situation like this.

23 Likes

Immunity, yes. But he has to testify under oath, and the immunity doesn’t cover perjury. We want the truth, FFS.

17 Likes

Yeah. He’s just looking to take a Congressional immunity bath without necessarily offering up all he knows. If only the committees weren’t run by Republicans willing to give him an immunity bath in return for keeping quiet.

23 Likes

Flynn made the offer […] but has not succeeded in striking a bargain,

So, to you legal people, if they have enough on him, could they deny him a “bargain”? Or is it worth it to them because of those whom Flynn can rat out?

8 Likes

What will his rallies look like now? Any of his mega-ignorant voters realize they fhey did something extremely stupid and hurt us all, or are they still yammering about making America “great again”?

14 Likes

I presume they have to hear what he’s willing to testify to or not???

1 Like

And to think he was a General.

11 Likes

My immediate reaction, as well. They figure they’re so brilliant, they can dazzle the committee with their witty repartee, and emerge unscathed. If Nunes is the questioner, they’d be right. Other Reps or Sens, not so much.

29 Likes

Heh.

(PeePee tweet was from last October).

24 Likes

27 Likes

Serious question for attorney / legal types here – how does immunity typically work? Is it immunity for anything regarding that particular investigation or is it more limited? E.g. only immunity for past perjury.

3 Likes

I can’t start drinking yet, so here’s this:

19 Likes

If you run into a paywall using the link in the story this might help.

6 Likes

Seeking song parody nucleus…
Working…
Reset your homepage yes no
Working…
Checking performance rights…
Notification…royalty offered…accepted
Your new song nucleus is (redacted).

We’re a little late folks.
Edit:Nunes, you leak this, you’re post Toasties, clear?
Try me.

I can’t help but think of Iran-Contra. I suspect Flynn’s testimony would be a whole lot of don’t know, can’t remember. I wish I had more faith in his willingness to come clean.

14 Likes

A bargain isn’t a bargain unless both sides agree.

If this is just his proffer, then I don’t know what the DOJ will do with it.

8 Likes

I don’t know Page, but that is a truly safe assumption as regards Manafort and Stone!

2 Likes

Uh-oh. He might just spill a lot of beans…

3 Likes

They’ll know what he’s offering before they bargain with him. They wouldn’t give him anything for a bunch of I don’t know.

22 Likes

They’re a stubbron bunch so I’d say they’re still yammering, “good businessman…shake things up…tweet…garble…garble…snowflake!”

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available