Discussion: WHY WAS BARR THE DECIDER? Legal Experts Puzzled By Attorney General's Obstruction Decision

The only things they will never turn their back on are tax cuts for rich people and permission for corporations to run amok.

1 Like

Hope was pressing the dotards pants as he put the finishing touches on the lying memo about his son’s involvement in the Trump Tower meeting with the Russian agent Velishneskya. She is witness to his obstruction.

3 Likes

If this is true and Barr has intentionally misrepresented Mueller’s written words, will Mueller just let it go? Wouldn’t Mueller want to correct the record?

1 Like

Thanks for this solution to our despair that has so many on this forum gasping for breath and hope.

1 Like

Well, okay, not perfect, but a reasonable facsimile of Cohn.

1 Like

Two of Bob’s watch-words are duty and integrity. If you are not a complete cynic – and why shouldn’t you be? – the answer to your question may depend on how he defines and ranks them in this context.

“For completeness,” see previous comment.

You don’t know that!

laws seems to get complicated only when applied to rich and famous criminals

From our Gracious Host:

The Bigs are Getting Played for Chumps

1 Like

I think she was steaming his pants. Aside from the ewwwww factor, there’s a difference. None of it is pretty.

I was appalled last night when Scott Pelley said no collusion and left it at that. The media wonders why we hold some of them is such low regard?

The thought gave me pause, as well. Really, he shoulda been weeded out a long time ago.

Yes, it feels very much like a betrayal.

1 Like

Yeah, I was accused of being a troll for expressing negative thoughts about this total fucking disaster. I really hope I’m wrong, but to me it looks like we’ve crossed the Rubicon. There is too much power arrayed against us now. Even Mueller was bought, cowed or complicit. Sure, there are lots of smart and well-meaning Democrats in Congress, but I fear that will not be enough to stave off a second term and the descent into authoritarianism.

It doesn’t matter if we’re a majority. Hitler didn’t have a majority when he dragged Europe through the slime of fascism. The 1% is certainly not a majority but they get to control everything.

Go ahead and accuse me, fellow TPMers, but this is serious shit. I don’t think we can protest-march our way out of this. Our last hope, voting the bums out, is being eroded as we speak, and Ivanka is actually seeking to own the voting machines. I know she’s a dope, but if Jared can get the Saudis to loan him a billion dollars in plain sight without a single consequence, then Ivanka can rig the elections without a worry in her pretty little head.

2 Likes

Nunes and McCarthy both from the right side of CA, whereas Pelosi, Harris, Feinstein, Speier, et al are from the left side. It’ll sound chauvinistic but the left side has the techies, the educators, the film and entertainment industry, etc., and the right has agriculture including dairy, cattle and nuts, lots of nuts.

1 Like

The Republicans were in a frenzied panic about Russians when they were a communist country. Now that they’re oligarchs, it’s all good, man. The flip happened when the Soviet Union fell and the government handed out state assets to cronies, establishing an instant corrupt oligarchy. Now THAT’s something Republicans seem to appreciate.

3 Likes

I know you’re not a troll and I don’t blame anyone here for being down in the dumps about any of this right now. I felt from the beginning that this might not go as we had all hoped it would, though at times I felt the need to call out for some “Mueller time” whenever I felt my frustration rise exponentially with the level of corruption I kept seeing. It scares me. Unless you’re a rich Xtian white guy in this country right now, there’s a lot to worry about imo. A lot of people are being adversely affected by this administration under tRump and there is so little transparency and basic competency in government right now. We never get to see what’s really happening in our name nor does anyone in this administration feel any obligation to be upfront and honest with people. Every norm, rule and law we’re accustomed to in this country is being defied by this maniac and broken in the process. I see the roots of fascism in all this too, and that’s no hyperbole.

I don’t need to come to TPM for pep talks when I see shit I don’t like either. I may need to express my hopes, fears and concerns while I get a realistic perspective of the lay of the land after I read something. But pretending things are fine when they’re not is just foolish in my book. It feels a whole lot like cognitive dissonance when someone tells you to get over yourself, when in truth there really is something terrible happening around us. I don’t need to be talked down to or patronized either. As a woman I find that doubly offensive for obvious reasons.

I also read stories that are being overshadowed if not totally ignored while this mess of a presidency continues on its not so merry way. Did you know for instance that 100 Russian troops landed in Venezuela to support that dictatorship? Will that be the new Cuban missile crisis? One thing’s for sure, tRump is no JFK and Putin is no Khruschev. This could be a real mess. What’s happening to the environment is another crazy story being largely ignored and this administration has been catering and doing big giveaways to major polluters and dirty energy companies since it got into office.

The whole thing stinks and some days ya just gotta say it or do some kind of primal scream. This is not normal.

4 Likes

I definitely hear ya. And it ain’t getting any better. We can’t keep on just wishin’ and hopin’ and wearing pussy hats. The ruling party is corrupt to the core. They’re breaking our nation and they’re not leaving just because we want them to. At this point I dread to think what it will take to evict the filth and start over.

1 Like

A full and brilliant analysis can be found here: https://threader.app/thread/1109203639581712386

2 Likes

We could hope he is acting as a stalking horse.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available