Discussion: WH After Being Asked If Trump Owes Mueller An Apology: 'Are You Kidding Me?!'

I’ve never seen her look so happy and relaxed.

Now I’ve put Barr second on my list of traitors to democracy after McConnell.

4 Likes

I want to make sure I understand this. The Democrats have been tough on Trump, so that gives Trump carte blanche to slander a war hero and public servant (and fellow Republican, BTW), in order to undermine our judicial process?
Sanders is the lowest of the low.

5 Likes

Frank Luntz and Newt Gingrich are still with us, every day.

2 Likes

dear k, what a sensible and practical statement. I second the motion.

First Trump needs to apologize to Obama for the Birther BS.

5 Likes

Here’s what we know: The SCO’s work has been misrepresented in the press many times, and in most instances there was no comment. In the case of one press report that the SCO felt was inaccurate, a corrective statement was issued; and it so happened that said press report was construed as being unfavorable to the White House.

3 Likes

Melania should apologize too…

2 Likes

To your summary I would say one thing: Be careful about the use of the word “Russia.” Already Barr’s so-called “summary” is playing games with the difference between “Russians” and “the Russian government.”

4 Likes

" … the media and Democrats have called the President an agent of a foreign government, but that is an accusation equal to treason, which is punishable by death in this country.”

Shorter WH Spokesperson:

Death to Democrats.
Death to the media.

ETA: I’m a Democrat and here’s my apology … fuck Trump.

3 Likes

Yup. Splitting hairs to put a favorable spin on it for Spankee.

Parsing such stuff is tiring but necessary.

2 Likes

Correction: She has a lot of class, but it’s all low.

Mueller: “A simple thank you would suffice.”

If trump were an adult, or even knew what an actual president should do, he would have said something on the order of:

“I am glad this ordeal is over for the country and also for my administration. This report shows that our system works. I know that we all want to come together now and move on with policies that will continue to Keep America Great.”

FWIW: I don’t believe any of that paragraph. I can’t imagine how Mueller let trump et al off the hook re Russia. I’m just saying that if trump had said that it would have been a unifying and strategic move. His entire goal/method/strategy is to keep his cult angry, and everyone else too.

Some President.

2 Likes

She just can’t open her mouth without lies falling out.

1 Like

This fat traitor, her entire parasite family and all Republicans need to pay.

2 Likes

Same shit. Different day.

1 Like

Bottom shelf like her boss. No ethics, no manners

2 Likes

I am aware of that since he used that terminology in regard to the collusion issue. It is a distinction without a difference. Russia often operates through cutouts especially for dirty work like this. The fact that Barr specified no collusion with the Russian government in itself screams for a release of the actual Mueller report. No doubt in my mind there is collusion in that report and Barr was obviously parsing words to avoid revealing it. I never expected a contract in blood between Spanky and Putin. That just is not how these things work.

3 Likes

We’re on the same train (of thought).

1 Like

Just curious how you feel about this but I thought the Barr Report was better than I expected it to be. I though given the track record of Barr and his killing of a previous investigation involving possible treason that his synopsis would be a total white wash. Instead he validated Russian involvement in the election. He admitted that the Mueller report could not exonerate Spanky of obstruction and then tried to say no collusion based on an extremely narrow definition of collusion ie Russian government. As I said in a post yesterday, if that is the best Barr could do then the actual report must be a real dozy. I understand that many people were counting on Mueller to rid us of this malaise in a quick and easy manner but that was just not going to happen in my opinion so I am somewhat confused by all the doom and gloom I am seeing. I also do not think this will move the needle on favorability of Spanky much if at all. BTW I went over to 538 this morning to read an article on Gronk and I saw a piece by Nate that basically said the same thing about how the numbers may react or not. Jeez the sky is not falling so lets focus on the 2020 election. That was always our best chance to get rid of this guy. OK I will get down from my soapbox now.

3 Likes

And at all levels, not only presidential.

Which is not to deny that the Democratic House still has a big job in front of it.

2 Likes

She looks drunk. Ridiculous walleyed idiot.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available