Discussion: WHY WAS BARR THE DECIDER? Legal Experts Puzzled By Attorney General's Obstruction Decision

1 Like

Barr clearly is attempting to protect Trump.

46 Likes

Barr must have dictated to Mueller the “if no conspiracy indictment then there can be no obstruction” reasoning,

1 Like

Trump found his Roy Cohn.

28 Likes

I May not know shit, but I believe that Barr was selected by Trump to shut down the investigation, and he did so with help of Rosenstien and Mueller.

9 Likes

> WHY WAS BAR THE DECIDER

Simple, he promised to render the decision tRump wanted (needed)

21 Likes

This appears to be a doozy of Cath-22: if you commit a crime and cover it up so well that the only indictable evidence that remains is of a cover up, you can not be charged for the cover up because there is no longer evidence of a crime.
Obviously, the statute was written to weed out those not competent or slick enough to thoroughly hide the original crime.

65 Likes

Cause that is what he was selected to do

12 Likes

Why are people asking questions they already know the answers to

4 Likes

Mr. bar, who do you think you are? Ken Starr knew it was congresses job to make this decision and the DOJ during the Nixon era knew what his job description and congresses job description was why don’t you?

You do not decide rather or not there was obstruction of justice that will be the job of Congress.

And over all the paperwork if Congress asked for so they can do their job and Donald Trump‘s White House at better do the same. Maybe your objection to this or what you did by injecting yourself could clearly be defined is also an act of obstruction of justice.

5 Likes

This is far more ominous than election 2016. Was Barr sent in to do this? If Mueller is of the character he has been tauted to be, we need to hear from him. This is blatant corruption at the very top. Are we any different than Russia?

20 Likes

I’d like to know why Mueller chose not to make a decision about obstruction before I include him in the white wash. I think that as soon as Barr came on scene Mueller faced more pressure to wrap up the investigation.

15 Likes

This is not a good time for America. Articles like this by TPM need to keep coming.

19 Likes

Mueller is a by the book guy, it was his choice to not make the decision, instead he defered to Rosenstien and Barr.

To say he did not charge Trump, nor exonerate Trump is complete Bull Shit.

3 Likes

“The whole reason to have a special counsel is to insulate the decision maker from the executive chain of command,” McQuade said. “By making the decision himself, Barr feeds into the cynical narrative that President Trump appointed an AG who would protect him.”

The “cynical narrative” is a good one.

“Lee Harvey Oswald yesterday shot President Kennedy. By shooting Kennedy himself, said McQuade, Oswald was feeding the cynical narrative that he shot the President. Really puzzling.”

My takeaway this morning is that Barr has laid the foundation for dictatorship. Democrats must go after him with everything in their locker, including feeding the narrative that Barr is the dictator’s AG.

34 Likes

The issue I have with this sentence is that Trump is not competent or slick enough…

1 Like

Can we impeach him now? Or Trump just gets to walk like Bush & Cheney? Now the ball is 100% in Pelosi’s court.

5 Likes

The fix is in, just as we all expected. Let’s not puzzle over it.

16 Likes

It should have been an independent counsel.

2 Likes

Who is puzzled? I am pissed.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available