Discussion: White House: McCarthy’s Benghazi Comments Prove What ‘Everybody Already Knows Is True’

Discussion for article #241249

Could Jason Chavetz please show me a chart of how many hearings and taxpayer dollars were wasted on this witch hunt ?

11 Likes

McCarthy is just who we need as Speaker. He’ll spill the beans every time.

And if you didn’t catch Rachel Maddow’s segment on McCarthy last night, it is worth a watch.

6 Likes

Hillary “untrustable,” Speaker McCarthy? Don’t you think you might be misunderestimating her by casting aspersions on her asparagus?

6 Likes

untrustable

And hand in hand, they just pounded sand,
And trashed any Hillary swoon,
Hillary swoon,
Hillary swoon,
They trashed any Hillary swoon.

Kevin McCarthy shit in his own mess kit and in every mess kit of the RWNJ coalition. Go, Kevin, go! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

gop/bag mccarthy, the truth slips out when he’s not thinking.

1 Like

Backlash anyone?

I wonder how this will affect McCarthy’s chances for the Speakership?

I mean, sure, Conservatives love stupidity in their politicians, but they also love the lies, and Too Stupid To Lie has gotta be considered a liability for any Republican in a competitive electoral race.

5 Likes

“Leader McCarthy has committed the classic Washington gaffe,” Earnest said in a Wednesday press briefing, “of saying something that everybody already knows is true.” No way can I top that comment.

10 Likes

I also saw it: this guy sounds like a maroon, complete with double negatives & stilted syntax. His statements didn’t make sense! Oh yeah: that’s typical for Rethuglicants

2 Likes

I saw it also, too : a moron trying to sound like he isn’t. See also : Bush, George W.

2 Likes

That would be for a Democrat on the committee to do. Don’t hold your breath.

Where are the calls to have Boehner investigated for misuse of taxpayer money? Isn’t it illegal to use tax dollars for a political witch hunt?

2 Likes

They’ll get out of it. McCarthy will say the political damage to Clinton was not the purpose of the hearings but because of all that ‘bad Clinton stuff’…its happening as a side effect. We all know what’s going on. But if you look at the media thrust it still portrays it as a legit hearing about legit concerns. And it will continue to do that after McCarthy’s Freudian slip.

So, remind me again what it was that the “investigations” “discovered,” you know, apart from showing that the Republican narrative of events was all wrong, that there was no “stand down” order, and that Clinton and the White House dealt with the attack in a rational manner?

1 Like

I heard Thom Hartman say what McCarthy admitted to may be illegal. That is politically motivated investigations are a no no.

2 Likes

Official Fox/Republican response: It was a gaffe, nothing more. Move on people.

The White House should know better than to lift their boot off a snake’s neck.

No, the White House needs to grind their boot into the snake’s neck.

1 Like

This reminds me of that time one of Romney’s advisors flat-out admitted what voter ID laws are about, and got a hefty applause.

2 Likes