Discussion: White House Blames Obama For Gas Attack In Syria, Despite Changing Stance

This I totally agree with.

I guess I just reacted to “frying pans.” I took a wild guess

2 Likes

I agree. And liked x millions.

He can quit. No one’s forcing him to do anything.

2 Likes

trumpp cares about all the victims and President Obama never could. I’m also sure trumpee knows the meaning of heinous. Now watch his drive.

"These heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the past administration’s weakness and irresolution,

@nemo

2 Likes

I’m stealing from a Letter to The editor at NYT because it should and must be our only response to the opposition party, no sympathy for those devils either.

Were it possible for Democrats to work with President Trump to benefit the American people, it would be laudable to do so, but we are now into the third month of his presidency, and Mr. Trump is as self-serving as we always knew he would be. Both the president and his party seem to be committed to doing as much harm to the American people, and our natural resources and international standing, as possible.

Moreover, his election shows mounting signs of having been illegitimate, and his conduct in office has been sufficient on its own to see him impeached as soon as the one responsible party left in American politics is able to retake congressional majorities. Democrats should not weaken that chance to save our democracy by legitimizing him through ill-fated attempts at cooperation.

@tena @carolson

@inversion This is on a par with what we were told about the incoming dubya and the outgoing Clinton admins. Clinton tried telling them make terrorism your priority, and the dubyas basically said thanks for sharing. They had war in Iraq on their minds going back years and they weren’t going to be deterred.

5 Likes

Wanna know what’s funny about this Syrian tragedy (least tday)

Trump joins the ‘kneecap’ crew (those Syrian tweets) and folks on CNN let Fleischer, Cotton, that foreign correspondent all claim that if Obama had went with military force (something that Fleischer actually advocated on Baldwin’s ahow), then maybe none of ‘this’ happens.

Now i think Obama wanted to get a new AUMF, before going into Syria and Congress said no,

Mattis is working off of an ever stretchable AUMF that is being used to send troops to Syria.

Let’s see what happens

2 Likes

and here is that NYT article…

Nutshell: 44 wanted a new AUMF to take care of Syria and Congress told him no.

@geofu54

@tena

Side-note: here’s a post that addresses Rand Paul contradicting himself about Syria.

3 Likes

from that times article

Even Senators John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, two Republicans who have pressed Mr. Obama to intervene more aggressively in Syria, said Saturday that they might vote no because the president’s plan was too limited. “We cannot in good conscience support isolated military strikes in Syria that are not part of an overall strategy that can change the momentum on the battlefield,” they said in a statement.

3 Likes

Yeah, and I was quite dismayed that didn’t seem to be a major story during the day – and that’s always the case – example: Congress rejected repeated requests to fund additional security in Benghazi, and then went on to attack Hillary when the worst happened.

They always do this and are winning the narrative game.

4 Likes

It seem they manage to be functioning as an important check (albeit to a minimal degree). Which is good. We need every help to stop those loonies in the White House, whichever side it comes from.

1 Like

raises hand

the word of the evening is

For example: Though Tom Cotton should be fact checked at least 80% of the time, that he is one of Arkansas’s finest griots, says a lot about Jake Tapper’s bull— detection skills, than it does about Cotton’s ability to tell a good story.

2 Likes

You’ve also prompted several entries in my personal ledger …

The one that I share with my therapist — :laughing:

1 Like

but seriously

thats on the American press corps.

Mattis is stretching the hell out of a fifteen year old ‘blank check’ (AUMF) and its amazing that not many are calling him or Trump on that.

3 Likes

Haha

1 Like

ehhhhwww

Ahhgain Trump is a gigantic ‘id’ for the current party. Essentially he says n does, what they wish they could.

2 Likes

But not to worry …

It’s Obama’s fault –

1 Like

And I of course believe when I actually see it. We’ve seen their Tillerson bullshit already (and they are pieces of bullshit themselves…).

McCain is in a perfect position to not give any shit to that id. This is his last term. What to fear?So everything he does according to Trump’s wish, that would be his own wish.

We will soon see how he wants to be remembered…

2 Likes

Here’s the problem with thinking that McCain is a bad—, unless McCain is attacked by Trump (again), then he will follow the party line.

Now he’s said something about Trump washing his hands of Syria , but if he had to make a choice, McCain will jump back on the ‘if Obama had done more…’ stage, before he takes more whacks at 45.

4 Likes

I did like his first two votes against Bush tax, I admit. But that was then, a decade+ ago. There has been nothing mavericky since.

(Well one might say his Palin pick was quite mavericky, but needless to say, mavericky in a very bad sense).

1 Like

It’s kind of remarkable how little, by way of tangible improvement, has come of Rump’s advisors’ and appointees’ extensive networking with so many Russians. It’s fair to ask what all these meticulously cultivated relationships have gotten us lately, and how Putin seems to keep failing to get the message.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available