Discussion: What In The World Is Devin Nunes Up To?

Just watched Nunes interviewed by Jake Tapper. I am still unclear how he came to be in possession of these “reports”. Who supplied Nunes with them, and not Schiff? Why did he not share the information with Schiff himself? Nunes says that these reports were obtained lawfully – just that he is “concerned” that certain persons were “unmasked”. Is he just throwing this out there to support Trumps claims of being surveilled? Why run to Trump? Who is he trying to protect – Trump, or a member of his inner sanctum? Was Nunes himself unmasked in these reports?

EDIT: By what channel did Nunes receive this information? Through Comey, someone else in the FBI? Through another person or department in DOJ? The NSA? The CIA? Some other informant? Someone in the Trump administration? Was Nunes privately informed or was he in receipt of this information as Chairman of the committee? Something is very fishy about the way he is handling this.

20 Likes

Oh yes they are…and they have subpoena power to put people under oath. If any witness under oath perjures themselves, they can go directly to jail and not collect $200.

8 Likes

He’s not panicked, he’s excited. The real prize here is finding who has been leaking classified information, and this is the first big lead they’ve had.

What has Trump got on him? I’m stunned at this guy’s recklessness.

5 Likes

Does anyone else see more than just a little “Frank Burns” in this Nunes weasel?

11 Likes

“What In The World Is Devin Nunes Up To?”

Hoping to keep his ass out of jail?

4 Likes

Little refresher for you https://www.cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/criminal-justice/the-criminal-justice-system/the-structure-of-criminal-justice

You really need to get beyond the cliff notes unless you’re a fucking bot.

10 Likes

I saw his presser. He wasn’t gloating or speaking with authority. There was lots of hedging in his word salad.

24 Likes

I noted that too. And it’s not just Trump. Nunes explicitly says Trump and his transition team.

8 Likes

Ed Rollins is a professional liar, and is incapable of being embarrassed.

5 Likes

National Security Expert Predicts A Whole Bunch of Republicans Will Be Indicted for Major Crimes: http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/22/national-security-expert-predicts-bunch-republicans-indicted-major-crimes.html

Republican House Intel Chair Devin Nunes Just May Have Gotten Trump Impeached: http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/22/republican-house-intel-chair-devin-nunes-trump-impeached.html

13 Likes

Don’t pay any attention to Ukey - he always shows up when his bosses tell him it’s time to throw some bullshit around cause things are getting hot.’

Nunes just outed himself as one leaker.

Great evidence of leaking - FISA warrants, legitimate investigations, hahahahahaha

15 Likes

Not excited. Watch his walk to the mic…nervous, worried.

7 Likes

Burns was far smarter, and had a much more appealing personality.

11 Likes

Not sure what your point is as Congress can issue subpoenas and if someone under oath perjures himself, the Justice Department can prosecute in federal court.

8 Likes

Once again, you reveal yourself as both credulous and easily gulled—in addition to being a bald-faced liar.

14 Likes

Yay! UK Obvserver is back from time out to teach us all about America and how it works! Our own Alexis de Tocqueville!

25 Likes

Are we all gonna die—I mean now as opposed to eventually. What are we supposed to do? I’ve never seen anything like this. It seems that there is nothing but chaos. I wanna go lie in a field with that calf that was mentioned by another commenter. And separate issue: Why does Brian Williams get to keep his job?
What’s happening? Is ''what" even the right word? Why is this happening? When will it stop? Can we all cry in a room together? Where the fuck is Zippy the Pinhead when you need him? No, we are not having fun yet.

4 Likes

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Investigations.htm

For our UK-Brexit observer. With love from the US of A.

8 Likes