Discussion: Watch Rep. Katie Porter Teach Ben Carson His Own Job

I distinctly recall Al Franken raking her over the coals.

This was almost too painful to watch; Ben-I-need-a-brain-transplant-Carson sounded like he was on a heavy dose of Thorazine. Just wondering if someone had to lead him to his chair while doing the Thorazine-Shuffle?

2 Likes

meanwhile in Fox News…

1 Like

She is brilliant and so damn professional.
His response is so sexist and oh so stupid
Same goes for OREOs

Thanks Katie for your excellence!

3 Likes

Oh Em Gee.

It is his job to direct the various agencies in his department. If he doesn’t get “in the weeds” with details how on earth is he going to direct policy?

He doesn’t understand his job and it’s clear he has no interest in doing so. His condescension towards Porter is palpable.

I got news for ya Ben - you are not the smartest guy in that room, not by a long shot.

Dr. Ben is smart-stupid. An expert in his particular field (surgery) he is an idiot outside of this area:

…As a surgeon, I find Ben Carson particularly troubling. By pretty most reports, he was a skilled neurosurgeon who practiced for three decades, rising to the chief of neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins. Yet, when he ventures out of the field of neurosurgery—even out of his own medical specialty—he routinely lays down some of the dumbest howlers I’ve ever heard.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2015/11/06/ben-carson-why-intelligent-people-are-not-necessarily-skeptics&ved=2ahUKEwj2lpiDrq3iAhXEGDQIHZxHAoAQFjAKegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3UmemlquG_gmWFuiF025O5&cshid=1558467283312

Toward the end of the conversation, Carson said that he’d be happy for her to work with people at HUD on her questions. She brushed him off, saying she’d already done that in her past job, and that her job now is to ask him questions.

Translation: “I’m too stupid and openly lazy to know or care about the rudiments of my job. To show you how much I don’t give a shit, just talk to my staff. I can’t be bothered.”

1 Like

These guys are figureheads, know nothing and pocketing salary. And all sit in front Congress with outright disrespect and dismissal. Need to boot them out and fumigate offices they occupy.

Those were great! Who knew how many oreos were online?

It is sad when the congress person asking the questions knows more than the administration’s “expert” witness. Sad but with this administration pretty common.

2 Likes

Hearings of all Red Don administration members should start with asking them if they know what FUBAR is?

1 Like

3 Likes

Dr. Ben Casey was a great doctor on TV, thankfully, well at least not yet he was not confused with Benghazi.

Been watching the series Chernobyl on HBO. The parallels that occur in totalitarian societies are chilling. The exchange in Ep 2 between a female nuclear physicist and a high ranking party member who used to work on the line in a shoe factory, for example. He’s in charge though he’s dumb as shit. Everyone in Trumpland is worse than that guy.

1 Like

I’d like to see her president before I die.

2 Likes

“You know, if you only hung out in the break room and drank coffee all day, you’d pick up some of the lingo in two years.”

you clearly do not understand ben carson’s mandatory nap protocol. but yeah, he does seem blithely unaware.

1 Like

But it would be only half-baked.

1 Like

Given Carson’s complete lack of curiosity about what his department does it makes you wonder if it took him three times to figure out which end of a scalpel does what.

Imagine having him do brain surgery on someone, or any living creature for that matter. He’s adrift, no doubt about it.

1 Like

“Would you please welcome The Oreos”
A Star Is Born (1976)

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available