Discussion: Watch Rep. Katie Porter Teach Ben Carson His Own Job

Gee, I thought I was the only person who ate that for breakfast!

Close.

Katie is a mom to three wonderful children. They live in Irvine, where she is a long-time Cubmaster in her sonsā€™ cub scout pack. Katie is a tenured Professor of Law at University of California Irvine and teaches consumer law.

While also doing this

In 2012, then California Attorney General Kamala Harris appointed Katie to be Californiaā€™s watchdog against the banks. The banks had promised to pay billions to homeowners they cheated, and Harris appointed Katie to make sure the banks followed through. Katie and her team held the banksā€™ feet to the fire, securing over $18 billion and helping tens of thousands of families move forward with their lives.

9 Likes

Carson: ā€œThe movie with Paul Newman?ā€

2 Likes

LOL, I was gonna head down that path, but figured all the young whippersnappers on here would have missed the referenceā€¦

2 Likes

5 Likes

That would have been one way for Carson to ride the storm out.

1 Like

And this guy was a fucking brain surgeon? How?

2 Likes

Oh, I get it , you are talking about this REO

1 Like

Chris Rock should have followed up questioning Benā€¦

1 Like

REO was originally the off-brand of Oldsmobile. REO= Ransom E. Olds, founder. Apologies for the pedantry.

3 Likes

Benā€™s day in the barrel.

1 Like

My god, he is truly an imbecile among the crucible of admin imbeciles.

2 Likes

There were REO trucks as wellā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s definitely not double-stuffed.

1 Like

And half a package of Oreos.

Hmm. Iā€™m rethinking my support for legal marijuana.

Heā€™s gone from:

Doc,
to Sleepy,
to Dopey,
to Repugnanty ā€¦

ā€¦ in just one afternoon.

2 Likes

Oh my wordā€¦thank you so much for posting this tweet.

Irony at perfection.

This is what we get when a gleefully ignorant president nominates just anyone to be a cabinet officer. If Carson, a neurosurgeon, cared about this country, he would have turned Trump down on the grounds that he wasnā€™t in any way qualified for the position.

Heā€™s stoned.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available