Discussion: WaPo: Trump Also Dismissed Black Caucus In DACA Meeting Last Week

2 Likes

“I’m the least racist person you ever interviewed…”

Yup. And I’m the Queen of Sheba.

32 Likes

Make him pay. Clean DACA, no wall, or the government closes until further notice.

27 Likes

Perdue and Cotton would never take lie detector tests.
Durbin would be glad to.

Maybe the media should challenge them on this, let’s have a three-man reality TV lie detector show! Think of the ratings…

Seriously, though, the Perdue/Cotton lies are astounding, they decided obfuscation just wasn’t deceptive enough, they went all-in on a Trumpian lie.

We can quit counting Trump’s lies now.

It is all one BIG, running lie, there’s no break between them.

29 Likes

This news is awful, awful. I’ve been thinking for a long while that Trump is like Godzilla, and the Republicans are cheering him on as he stomps on and destroys what they want stomped on and destroyed—and that they will remove him on a small pretext when he’s done enough destroying to suit them. It’s a figurative construct to explain to myself why they stick with him. But he is seeming more and more literally a giant monster of lies, greed, hostility, and racist hate-mongering. It’s getting harder and harder to sleep, with this level of hate being stoked, damage being done to our democracy, and with the threat of nuclear war. Talk about a long national nightmare.

28 Likes

12 Likes

trump now is waging war on blacks in America and anywhere else.

His defiance about MLK day and the Congressional Black Caucus, as well as many other countries, is completely evil.

And almost all GOP politicians love it!

17 Likes

Two terms wouldn’t be sufficient time for Trump to destroy everything the GOP wants razed.

4 Likes

So many black folk, so little time to dismiss them all.

7 Likes

As the id of the GOP, Trump says everything that they’ve stood for but we’re afraid to say out loud. Will he take them down with him as the nation shakes off its stupor and finds its dignity? Or will Trumpism become the new normal?

12 Likes

Trump’s combative and racially charged comments in last week’s meetings have endangered a deal on DACA.

[citation needed], frankly. There’s never a deal in any meaningful sense, on anything, until there’s no more time for ear-whispering and DJT’s big, beautiful, classy signature is on the page in silver Sharpie.

It’s not that he’s going to renege on his agreement. His ailing brain simply doesn’t comprehend the notion of “agreement” as you or I.

4 Likes

OT: I have tRump fatigue.

We need an indictment within the tRump family crime syndicate in near future to provide a ray of sunshine.

20 Likes

I’ll go with this.

The rodent caucus is unanimous.

16 Likes

Again Orwell’s phrase comes to mind: Trump is playing with fire here, and he doesn’t even know that fire is hot. If this is how badly he’s playing the game after a year of what ought to have been experience, I think he’s whittling down the probability he survives a full term.

19 Likes

we need a new name for treasonweasel.

8 Likes

I prefer a different analogy, that of the own-goal.

Sometimes, a politician is stuck between a rock and a hard place, and has to make a decision that they know will blow back on them personally (e.g., the blue dogs voting for the ACA and to end their careers). But so often, Trump lashes about and damages himself out of sheer intellectual ennui.

I’m not sure our system had ever seen such a political idiot savant.

7 Likes

You are not alone. I feel saturated with trumpish news. And it isn’t even 7AM and it’s still dark outside.
Geesh!!

10 Likes

Come on, you saw how Trump took precautions during the eclipse…

4 Likes

An idiot at the center of a “personality” cult.

3 Likes

They will be coming back hard and the populace will be listening. Think Alabama.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available