Discussion: VA Elections Official: Wrongly Assigned Residents Voted In Tied House Race

2 Likes

And the outcome was the Republican “won” the election?

19 Likes

This sounds very carefully worded. Did someone in the local elections office put them in the wrong district by ignoring the boundaries, or did they commit voter fraud?

12 Likes

Igor and Boris are getting sloppy.

9 Likes

This is exactly the kind of thing that they could have done with the kind of access reported for some states…

13 Likes

If it is voter fraud and it alters the outcome, then shouldn’t Yancy’s win be overturned? What’s the recourse for the Dem?

14 Likes

Boundary supervisor Rolf Jungengöper, above, declined comment.

15 Likes

I wonder if it is voter fraud if you show up to vote at the polling place you were assigned?
The only way I would know if something was hinky with my polling place is if my registration card tells me to go somewhere other than out community center. Our community center is the place where other polling places get folded into, so I guess it’s a hub.

You mean Boris and Natasha.

4 Likes

The line in the article

a discrepancy between some Newport News voters’ addresses and the House district in which they were recorded as living

is potentially ambiguous for me. It could mean that their addresses were right, but the house district associated with that address in some database was wrong. Or it could mean that they had actual addresses in one district but registered to vote giving addresses in another district.

That ambiguity needs to be cleared up to figure out who was doing what to whom.

4 Likes

Where is Kris Kobach when you really need him.

6 Likes

Loser libTARD lost aND EXtreme liberaL Virginia CRYing libtard Tears. So much FOR your BLUE waVE. More LIKely RED is flowING. HEavilY.

6 Likes

It really depends on what the votes came out to be. It may just have the GOP candidate when without the drawing of straws or whatever. If it did support the Dem candidate winning than it is probably a problem, but I am not sure what their state laws are.

They would probably have to sue to have it reopened and evaluated and examined that way. If the Dem would have won by two or three after that fact than one would think things would be reversed but who knows for sure?

1 Like

Is this one of the ways the Russians have with fucking with our elections? Changing where a person lives I believe was one way I heard about. Also, putting down wrong information and fucking with the registration files so that when one shows up to vote, they have to take a provisional ballot or are denied voting at the polls altogether and falsely redirected to some other place.

Would it be too much to ask if this was included as a possibility, so we all have a better picture of what the country will be dealing with come November? This kind of shit won’t just happen in VA.

9 Likes

Whether or not the errors were intentional, is there a means for a do-over? Probably not–elections have to be finalized or we would never hear the end of it–but worth raising.

5 Likes

Yancy could do the honorable thing and resign.

Enjoy the buffet.

8 Likes

You’re too late. Trump has already won the 2020 election. The Stalingrad Ballot Cooperative won’t release the tallies until they’re requested.

3 Likes

They would only know that certain incorrectly assigned people voted. there would be no way to recover how they voted. Unless you asked them, which is unreliable and repugnant to our system of voting as it were.

3 Likes

Let’s see, according to Rethugs ‘R’ Us, and various media outlets, the recourse is “Suck it, Libtard! MAGA! Woo-hoo!”

And the answer from the Department of InJustice is: "Wo sind Ihre Papieren?"

2 Likes

The wrong ballots were sent to them. The error (if that’s what it was) happened in the Secretary of State’s office.

2 Likes