Discussion: US Confiscates Ancient Iraqi Artifacts Illegally Imported By Hobby Lobby

7 Likes

And once again not a single rich white dominionist crypto-facist went to jail. Hallelujah!

69 Likes

Hobby Lobby said it “was new to the world of acquiring these items, and did not fully appreciate the complexities of the acquisitions process.”

“This resulted in some regrettable mistakes," the company said

So is ‘ignorance of the law is no excuse’ only for the less fortunate? (Asking for a friend).

96 Likes

IT’S A MIRACLE!!! (Well not really)

10 Likes

Naughty Christians…

Shouldn’'t “Thou shall not steal” include “Thou shall not plunder, or import illegally?”

Or are those just “guidelines”?.

42 Likes

And for POTUS and those in his misadministration.

19 Likes

What’s next? Threads from the Shroud of Turin?

11 Likes

$3M for not reading the fine print seems a little light.

20 Likes

I know that this opinion runs counter to KJU’s wet dream, but while Trump clearly has no problem being a mutt, I’d like to think that the entire administration isn’t filled with em.

1 Like

Literary or literal?

4 Likes

Awaiting their explaining the Biblical underpinnings of their actions…

18 Likes

Hobby Lobby imported the artifacts as part of its “passion for the Bible.”

I actually bought a lawn ornament from that collection.

A life-sized statue labeled, “Wife From Sodom”.

Eerily life-like in detail.

Cute, but deer kept licking it.

I finally tossed it.

Cheap junk!

80 Likes

And what part of the Bible is in cuneiform exactly? oh, none, that’s right.

34 Likes

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Gee-Gaws.

23 Likes

Or ground pepper from the ‘Pope ina da pizza’

3 Likes

Now watch his lawyers say he was doing the world a favor.

10 Likes

Lot of junk.

13 Likes

The guy has “deeply held” religious beliefs about how women should be forced to have babies if they have sex, but apparently no objections at all to stealing and lying and cheating. What religion is he from?

53 Likes

new to the world of acquiring these items, and did not fully appreciate the complexities

And where is the Museum of the Bible located? Washington, DC, you don’t say…my, my, just innocents as the sneaky-pete importation round-robin suggests.
I hope a disembodied flaming hand did the confiscation…

10 Likes

Quite apt, since the shroud is a fake, the impression probably taken from a relief-carving in a church. “Sad”.

1 Like