Discussion: Ukrainian Oligarch Claims He Was Victim Of $200k Trump Inaugural Ticket Scam

The pervasive snake pit of the GOP.

4 Likes

Just for fun, try different Russian or Ukrainian first names with Fuks.

Valentin Fuks, Georgy Fuks, Gleb Fuks, Igor Fuks ā€¦

If I had that last name Iā€™d change it to something respectable like Shitz.

7 Likes

Some years ago a play by Caryl Churchill opened in London, it was called ā€œShopping and Fuckingā€. Some people objected to such a title displayed on a marquee. Ever sensitive, the Brits changed it to ā€œShop*ing and Fuckingā€.

12 Likes

Itā€™s not that Trump was wrong on his attendance numbers, he just knew his other under-the-counter campaign donors were stuck in hotels and couldnā€™t attend personally.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve said it beforeā€¦ somewhere, Iā€™m sure. Itā€™s a godamned clown car CARAVAN! smh

3 Likes

Wow. Way to monetize your Inaugural.

5 Likes

And itā€™s headed right for us!

3 Likes

If I were an oligarch named Fuks, Iā€™d use a bit of my ill-gotten gains to change my name legally.

3 Likes

now we know why Giuliani never flew to Ukraineā€¦

Rudyā€™s been on a 2+ year free fall, desperate to be relevant. Maybe itā€™s why his son decided to talk to him again, out of pity.

Must say though, Russians mafia and associated grifters are not $2.00 show bettors. Talk about livinā€™ on the edge!

3 Likes

Itā€™s from the article.

2 Likes

Soooo, Fuks got fukd?

1 Like

And then buy property on Schittā€™s Creek?

2 Likes

This is not ā€œlead articleā€ material. Put the impending war back on top and put this ongoing nonsense in a sidebar. Please.

5 Likes

And then thereā€™s media tycoon David Peckerā€¦

5 Likes

I think more Republican anger with the Rump than we know, is in the nature of dissatisfied customers pissed they didnā€™t get what their bribes were paying for.

8 Likes

The GOP is a transparent facade for a black-market trade in power. But theyā€™re also the champions of absolute deregulation of all markets.

Now this guy is complaining that he got bad service from the big dog in that unregulated black-market ā€“ a vendor who is literally famous for reneging on legitimate deals in legal and regulated markets ā€“ and he wantsā€¦ a remedy, of some sort? For his illegal foreign straw purchase of power via an illegal black market from a bad actor in a market operated exclusively by people who believe as a matter of principle that there should be no such remedy?

How does one type ā€œironyironyironyā€ into giphy? Asking for a friend.

19 Likes

Hey, if youā€™re one of the ones with the money, the system is supposed to work for you. You pay your bribes dues and then you get a seat at the table. Itā€™s not fair when someone lets the small time grifters in to run their own scams on the side. The boss is supposed to control that sort of thing.

5 Likes

I once had a client who wanted to introduce me to the Chairman of the Board, namedā€¦ Mr Fuk. Told her not to do it because I wouldnā€™t be able to keep a straight face. No, I wasnā€™t 12 years old.

5 Likes

Mostly my response is, ā€œof courseā€ but this line made me chuckle

Fuks alleges in the lawsuit that Vanetik duped him out of potentially becoming an accessory to a campaign finance violation.

13 Likes

Ukrainian Oligarch Claims He Was Victim Of $200k Trump Inaugural Ticket Scam

Well, if it is any consolation, there are many in the same boat as him, very few have escaped Trump unscathedā€¦

1 Like