Discussion: TSA Screener Sick-Outs Hit 10 percent As Shutdown Stretches Into Fifth Week

What? Interrupt their week off? The hell you say…why they’ve worked almost six days so far this year, give 'em a break!

6 Likes

Fat Nixon has a long running vendetta against the NFL.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Twilight Zone theme music playing in background…

7 Likes

They’ll probably get Atlanta back on track for the Super Bowl, but I hope they don’t. It would sure make a lot of people mad if they can’t get there. Boo Hoo!

6 Likes

As someone who flies a lot this is annoying. But not nearly as annoying as not getting paid would be. I wish that when they shut the government down they really shut the government down. Imagine a country where we have

• No social security checks
  • No military salaries paid
  • No Fed Wire working
  • No Medicare or Medicaid checks paid
  • No ATC operational
  • etc, etc, etc

Bet your bottom dollar that people would notice and the government would be open again in hours. Instead we get this nonsensical partial shutdown dragging on that egregiously hurts a small number of people, most of whom have little influence in DC, and isn’t really noticed by most of the country. People forget how much the government actually does in daily life.

10 Likes

Why not let it!

That’ll show Donald to be a real badass to his core. Make it the month after that, so Donald can seem badder.

1 Like

Thanks. My younger daughter works for the Park Service and she’s camped out here wonderering when she needs to go back to Boulder City NV. Mitch’s legislation is DOA so I’m telling her that unless there’s a huge crisis like pilots refusing to work owing to lack of safety, this could go on for weeks from now.

4 Likes

FTFY…

1 Like

It is going to get messy out there. The trickle down is going to be bad.

3 Likes

Is there anyone that he doesn’t have some smoldering resentment of? Except Putin and Un.

7 Likes

Too bad it couldn’t due that on a Thursday morning, just in time for Congress to fly home. I hear the Einstein winner is in Florida, be a shame if she had to take a bus home.

2 Likes

Yeah, but they only go to Mecca. And there’s STILL a 4-hour layover in Atlanta!

2 Likes

So, all the TSA screeners working without pay are Democrats?

I see.

And Republicans are playing golf?

I see.

So, Democrats are the problem?

I don’t see that.

3 Likes

Yes, and the pilots and flight attendants aren’t government workers, so they can’t be ordered back to work. Although I am sure Trump thinks he can order them back to work.

7 Likes

The feds spend half a billion (!) dollars a month on rent for offices, etc. that stops soon.

I’m with you.

hahahahahahahahahaaa

4 Likes

How many are holding off submitting their resignation until they finally get paid for their current work?

4 Likes

If even half the pilots walk, and they should, the ladies and gents who work in the cabin won’t hesitate to go.

4 Likes

He also needs time to fill it with issues that Democrats care about, because Mitch would only consider floating something like a bill supporting violence against women unless he’s sure it’s not going to pass. And then they can crow that Democrats don’t support, well, you know the drill. Charlie Pierce at Esquire says there is no more loathsome creature roaming our current political landscape than old Mitch. Wish he’d get hit by a bus.

3 Likes

There is one thing you have in common with Donald Trump.

This is a thumbs way up.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available