Discussion: TSA Screener Sick-Outs Hit 10 percent As Shutdown Stretches Into Fifth Week

1 Like

I think that the flu rate at Atlanta should hit 95% by about the middle of next weekā€¦

Thereā€™s no bigger stage to show the impact of the shutdown than if they fucked with the Super Bowl.

17 Likes

The pilotā€™s union should refuse to fly. Itā€™s unsafe.

18 Likes

Letā€™s see what stupid shit Trump has to say about this. He just keeps digging this hole deeper and deeper.

4 Likes

If they go by the usual government employee rules they need a Dr. note after three days. This in my experience is enforced at the discretion of the supervisor, although in this case Iā€™m sure an order can come down from farther up to make them enforce this.

But not getting pay checks is a whole different situation - who knows? They are supposed to get the pay eventually when and if this charade is over. TSA employees are among the lowest paid so Iā€™m sure a lot of them are out of money at this point. Many probably donā€™t have any room on a credit card. Maybe the employee credit union, if there is one available to them, is making loans. And rent is due in ten days.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s always the magic carpet prayer rugs in Texas.

7 Likes

Actually sounds low. So was Mitchcreant supposed to call back the Senate to vole on Trumpā€™s ā€œconcessionsā€? Whatā€™s happening with that? Or did he just give up?

10 Likes

Thereā€™s no bigger stage to show the impact of the shutdown than if they fucked with the Super Bowl.

Thinking about all those wealthy jerkoffs in private sky box suites at the Super Bowl finding their flights cancelled warms the cockles of my heart.

17 Likes

theyā€™re flying their Gulfstreams into Peachtree DeKalb Airport, not ATL.

9 Likes

If I were a doctor and a patient who is a TSA agent came to me and needed a doctorā€™s note for missing work at a job he isnā€™t receiving pay, I would have two really important questions: How many days do you need included? And how many separate notes do you need?

24 Likes

He didnā€™t think it would happen before Thursday. Senators are on 24 hr. notice to return if need be.

3 Likes

Comments have been offline today, right? Or is this a local problem? Or is Prime AF actually glitchy AF?

6 Likes

theyā€™re flying their Gulfstreams into Peachtree DeKalb Airport, not ATL.

Perhaps the local air traffic controllers will suddenly come down with norovirus from some shared nachos.

4 Likes

Yes, just came back a little while ago. Some member account links are still broken.

2 Likes

Aviation Unions Say Mass Flight Cancelations Soon Likely Due to Shutdown: The System Will Completely ā€˜Unravelā€™

12 Likes

Thatā€™s leverage. Better would be a TSA-free Boston and LA on Friday.

7 Likes

Fair point. Get BOS and LAX to catch the flu Wednesday as well. Think you need to back it up a couple of days to catch folks going in early.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing the Superbowl will be the breaking point, unless the resolve it earlier.

4 Likes

I like it, for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is I cannot stand the NFL.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve wondered when pilotsā€™ or flight attendantsā€™ union will call for a strike due to safety concernsā€¦

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available