Discussion: TSA Screener Sick-Outs Hit 10 percent As Shutdown Stretches Into Fifth Week

You notice the flight attendants’ union is part of CWA, and I’m wondering if the communication workers would walk out in solidarity and in sympathy with their brothers and sisters. Oh the joy of even imagining it.

The Communications Workers of America represents 700,000 workers in private and public sector employment in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. CWA members work in telecommunications and information technology, the airline industry, news media, broadcast and cable television, education, health care and public service, law enforcement, manufacturing and other fields.

5 Likes

If they did I could see it rolling into a bigger and bigger strike until it’s the national general strike some of us dream about.

5 Likes

An early lie of trumpp’s was during the debate scheduling when he said the NFL called him to complain that a debate on a Monday would interfere with that night’s game viewership and couldn’t he jump in to stop it. My jaw dropped at the bald faced lie, but now it’s accepted when he talks he lies.

1 Like

TV and broadcasting, AT&T, Nokia, etc, etc., this could in fact be wish fulfillment

2 Likes

His beef with the league is being denied an NFL franchise. He helped start a competing football league and had a team. He made it clear he wasn’t interested in the new league, just wanted an NFL franchise for his team. NFL Commissioner at the time, Pete Rozelle, supposedly told Trump that he would never be allowed to join the NFL.
Donnie’s been butthurt ever since.

3 Likes

We are entering missed paydate #2, so I hope the sickout numbers equal 50 percent. The Thirteenth Amendment (Amendment XIII) bans slavery and peonage.

And the federal government would never expect military members to defend the country without pay. Oh wait!! Under Trump the Coasties should be willing to go years without pay.

I hope the House Dems pass a law protecting federal workers who refuse to report to work. Unfortunately, Coast Guardsmen are subject to the UCMJ. But this shutdown must be hell on commanders who are keenly aware of how pay problems negatively effect morale. As such, pay problems–should they occur–are swiftly dealt with.

The Coast Guard Mutual Assistance and Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society must be burning through donations.

1 Like

Even for those who ride on Gulfstreams, there are still TSA screening requirements. Any aircraft 12,5000 lbs or more. Maybe TSA will divert scarce resources from the few at Peachtree DeKalb to the many at ATL? Nah. Probably not.

1 Like

With every new story of his failure as a businessman, and more emerge every day, you have to wonder how this failure could pull off the trick of presenting himself as successful. Burnett of NBC is majorly responsible for handing him The Apprentice to make his image seem real. But with so much butt comes so much hurt, and he’s turning on his fellow Americans (with very few exceptions) every chance he gets

4 Likes

Look, the important thing is that certain unfair Russian sanctions were lifted (thank you, Senator Romney!) to own the libtards and their 800,000 angry Democrat friends.

1 Like

This emperor is disgustingly, repulsively naked, folks. Why are there still so many pols propping him up?

1 Like

Not according to a federal judge, who refused to order the federal government to pay workers. I think he’s dining at Lutèce tonight.

Why are there still so many pols propping him up?

About 28 to 30 percent is a hardcore moron vote, the majority of them are Bigfoot nuts, UFO fanatics and moonshiners. You can’t help them, so you just watch them flail. There is a 10 to 12 percent that really just doesn’t give a shit, so they think, “Come on, it’s not that bad.” These are mainly (but not exclusively) techie boyz who still think Super Thief Edward Snowden is totally awesome and did a great job exposing something, something.

That’s a lot of people, to be sure, except…there has been a consistent majority of people who have rejected Imbecile-1 and all Its foul works, and that’s the number that one should take solace in.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember there was a whole giant article about that somewhere. Basically Trump thought he could bankrupt a new league then get into the NFL as an expansion. No dice.

It’s about as complicated as it gets and we’re only allowed occasional glances back stage. The moron has a penchant for yelling and screaming and spewing vulgarities at people whom he’s deemed to have crossed him or not cooperated. They might live in fear of that.

Read something just today about a book coming out at end of this month called Team of Vipers by Cliff Sims former staff member and loyalist who worked on the campaign who says the entire admin is out of control. This passage I think sums it up

When Mr. Ryan expressed displeasure with the president’s statements after the Charlottesville riots, Mr. Trump called Mr. Ryan, Mr. Sims writes.

“I remember being in Wisconsin and your own people were booing you,” Mr. Trump yelled, recalling Mr. Ryan distancing himself from Mr. Trump after the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape emerged in October 2016. “You were out there dying like a dog, Paul. Like a dog!”

There can’t be any Rs in either chamber esp. the leaders who want that beating. Mitchreant (h/t Ralph V) prefers to call the speaker the enemy who stands in the way of reopening the govt.

1 Like

There’s also this very special kind of magical thinking. Building a wall is more important than a paycheck. She works for DHS.

“I’m very strongly behind it, yes,” Amanda Schimone said. “I just believe in what we are doing. I believe in the president’s policies and Secretary Nielsen’s policies, and supporting the border patrol agents.”

2 Likes

they’ll die homeless, broke and starving but satisfied they stuck it to the libtards.

3 Likes

Veering from a follower’s stupidity to the moron’s own stupidity I just stumbled across this, a wall in San Antonio, which is not on the border and which doesn’t exist.

https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status/1086670677900431360

3 Likes

In all fairness, a lot of those wealthy jerkoffs have private jets.

Not owning a private jet myself, I don’t know whether that means they would still be subject to TSA screening or flight cancellation – I assume they have their own flight crew and whatnot.

1 Like

Future NY Times profile, no doubt.

Donald is fine with the NFL. It’s the black players he doesn’t like.

One month without a paycheck. THE WORLD-WIDE ASSHOLE and Demented Delusional Dotard doesn’t give a shit; he’s used to stiffing those he owes. Superbowl in 2 weeks.

One and one-half months without a paycheck. I bet the TSA employers will give a shit. I’m sure the idea of not showing up in Atlanta during Superbowl weekend has occurred to a few. The question is, will the government temporarily transfer TSA people to Atlanta just to avoid a deep flu over Superbowl weekend?

Christie was right about one thing. The short-fingered vulgarian has surrounded himself with riff-raff.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available