Discussion: TSA Screener Sick-Outs Hit 10 percent As Shutdown Stretches Into Fifth Week

It’s about as complicated as it gets and we’re only allowed occasional glances back stage. The moron has a penchant for yelling and screaming and spewing vulgarities at people whom he’s deemed to have crossed him or not cooperated. They might live in fear of that.

Read something just today about a book coming out at end of this month called Team of Vipers by Cliff Sims former staff member and loyalist who worked on the campaign who says the entire admin is out of control. This passage I think sums it up

When Mr. Ryan expressed displeasure with the president’s statements after the Charlottesville riots, Mr. Trump called Mr. Ryan, Mr. Sims writes.

“I remember being in Wisconsin and your own people were booing you,” Mr. Trump yelled, recalling Mr. Ryan distancing himself from Mr. Trump after the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape emerged in October 2016. “You were out there dying like a dog, Paul. Like a dog!”

There can’t be any Rs in either chamber esp. the leaders who want that beating. Mitchreant (h/t Ralph V) prefers to call the speaker the enemy who stands in the way of reopening the govt.

1 Like

There’s also this very special kind of magical thinking. Building a wall is more important than a paycheck. She works for DHS.

“I’m very strongly behind it, yes,” Amanda Schimone said. “I just believe in what we are doing. I believe in the president’s policies and Secretary Nielsen’s policies, and supporting the border patrol agents.”

2 Likes

they’ll die homeless, broke and starving but satisfied they stuck it to the libtards.

3 Likes

Veering from a follower’s stupidity to the moron’s own stupidity I just stumbled across this, a wall in San Antonio, which is not on the border and which doesn’t exist.

https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status/1086670677900431360

3 Likes

In all fairness, a lot of those wealthy jerkoffs have private jets.

Not owning a private jet myself, I don’t know whether that means they would still be subject to TSA screening or flight cancellation – I assume they have their own flight crew and whatnot.

1 Like

Future NY Times profile, no doubt.

Donald is fine with the NFL. It’s the black players he doesn’t like.

One month without a paycheck. THE WORLD-WIDE ASSHOLE and Demented Delusional Dotard doesn’t give a shit; he’s used to stiffing those he owes. Superbowl in 2 weeks.

One and one-half months without a paycheck. I bet the TSA employers will give a shit. I’m sure the idea of not showing up in Atlanta during Superbowl weekend has occurred to a few. The question is, will the government temporarily transfer TSA people to Atlanta just to avoid a deep flu over Superbowl weekend?

Christie was right about one thing. The short-fingered vulgarian has surrounded himself with riff-raff.

Trump & the GOP haven’t budged because they know that Dems will really start to feel the heat when stuff like SNAP and rental programs actually hit rock bottom.

This TSA stuff is not great, and yes there are a few thousand low-wage folks in pretty dire straits, but Pelosi & Schumer have proven that they’re willing to tough it out. And obviously the 800k federal employees is bad.

But soon, millions of literally destitute folks will begin literally starving in slow-motion. I read something today that said February food stamps will have to stretch for 6 weeks instead of 4.

Does anybody think that Trump or McConnell will care? Trump is a narcissistic sociopath. McConnell is the keystone of a political and cultural movement that actively desires to see “the unworthy” wither and die so as to not pollute the schools and the gene pool with “filth.”

Pelosi & Schumer are right to call the shutdown hostage-taking, and refuse to negotiate with “a gun to the head.” But we are all mistaken if we think that the GOP terrorists will stop at such mild inducements.

2 Likes

Just back from a four day trip from NYC to Austin, Tex. The TSA agents were on the job. Good for them but it’s time to get them paid. Really sad nonsense.
Of course it’s good that the pilots work for the airlines. The landing at JFK with 30 mph.winds was a bitch.

1 Like

He’s a carnival barker and has been saying he’s the smartest, biggest, best businessman for the last 40 years. He grew up working the tabloids in New York and while it’s not the national media, they are pretty rough. He’s been working them for the past 40 years. Being a con man and a carnival barker is a skill he does possess, along with self promotion.

if people aren’t paying close attention, they can believe the hype. He’s been doing it forever.

2 Likes

Normally a private plane is going to fly out of a small private airport. They don’t need security screening if they’re not going out of a major airport. They would have their own crew, but I believe the air traffic controllers are TSA employes. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on that.

1 Like

I’m hoping ATC starts to abandon the smaller towers in order to keep the larger airports operating. If you want to be flown on your private jet to a private airport - good luck with the abandoned control tower.

2 Likes

Technically, Air Traffic Controllers are part of the FAA/Department of Transportation - not TSA/DHS, but their agency is also part of trump’s shutdown.

I just watched a spokesperson for the air traffic controllers along with the head of the Airline Flight Attendants Union on Don Lemon. I’m wondering when, for safety reasons. the Flight Attendants and the Airline Pilots walk off the job in support of those who can’t strike and aren’t getting paid.

2 Likes

The bitch is a military retiree. She has another source of inome so she can afoord to be a “I got mine fuck’em,”

As I like to point out to my heavily Republican and libertarian military brethren, the DoD’s system is very paternalistic and all paid for or heavily subsidized by the taxpayer. (E.g. Commissaries, exchanges (the exchanges are self-supporting, but don’t lease their locations aboard military installations, child-care; defined benefit retirement without participant contribution, 30 accrued vacation day per year, free medical and dental, allowances for housing and subsistence–in addition to base salaries.) Yet they don’t possess a negative view of big daddyism, But they have problems with others to getting living wages and good benefits.

(The good deal military retirement , like the defined benefit pension, has gone the way of the dinosaur.)

Military service is important, only that labor should be values. Apart from combat, some of the work is inherently dangerous. But those specialties aren’t necessarily more dangerous than other occupations. And in general, the services don’t skimp on safety. I’ve been deeply and repeatedly inculcated in ORM, CRM and all aspects of the safety culture.

In a organization in which its members are sworn to risk or sacrifice their lives, avoidance of the accidents and mishaps and the cost in lives, medical treatment and equipment is extremely important.

4 Likes

Right, and our Constitution gives this self-serving idiot near-plenary powers. That’s the worst part.

Actually, trump wanted to be a team owner in the NFL and they turned him down. So being able to bash the NFL while also criticizing/insulting black players was a two-fer for donnie.

2 Likes

Actually a trifecta for the scumbag with their acquiescence and fear.

Well , Dumbo HAS been told to bankrupt America .

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available