Discussion: Trump's Move To Gut Obamacare Gives Dems Chance to Refocus After Mueller

As you have been making the point, somebody still has to leak the un-redacted full report … soon.

3 Likes

That would certainly help. But what I’m seeing is that the Dems are helping to build a market demand for the report. That increases the chance of supply.

8 Likes

But corrupt redactions need to be prevented.

84 to 9 (!)

Democrats: fiscal conservatives

7 Likes

…(of course he didn’t say “blowhards” because he’s a born diplomat). Yes, that why he didn’t say it that way.

Interesting stuff on Flood, thanks!

… And I’m not really so worried about the redactions. All of them get the same treatment that hiding the Report does-- every blacked-out mark is presumed to be covering up bad actions by the President and those around him.

Staying on that message should help to minimize things.

2 Likes

Refocus? We don’t even know what’s in the damn report. If trump destroys ObamaCare, are folks going to be kicked out of treatment. I am so upset I want to cry.

1 Like

I have some tiny amount of faith it will move a few people in their thinking. What scares me is how many will forge ahead in their MAGA hats and take to the ramparts to demand the removal of their own healthcare because liberals.

3 Likes

I think we were listening to the same news outlet. I also recall the analyst saying the the majority of these people were white and that this would mostly impact nine states that tRump carried in 2016.

4 Likes

Yup. The law moves like frozen water for the massive crimes and like quicksilver for petty ones. Prison reform, appropriate trials and sentences for crimes against society and freedom are postponed in favor of 90% of court time spent on business disputes, in favor of the fake war on drugs, in favor of dividing people into opposite teams, election cheating, and of international crooks keeping the thugs of the world afloat on the backs of actual workers. Not a single cheating banker went to jail for their part in the Great Recession. The great criminals of past presidencies are pardoned by the next president. Injustice in action. Business as usual. For-profit media blathers on 24/7.

Since the laws won’t remove the selected top executive and his gang of cheating thugs, traitors and crooks, the climate, with its real power, is showing us the error of our ways.

What I’m saying is single payer is a platform that will backfire in our candidates’ faces. I’m not taking a personal position other than that ignoring the potential pitfalls of running a Democrat on single payer will be the equivalent of negotiating a minefield.

Support for single payer only polls well when people are not asked the questions if they would be okay losing the healthcare they already have, and if they would be okay with an additional tax burden to finance the program. Support falls significantly when they are asked these questions.

@jkrogman

Why don’t you understand that the current funding system is extremely wasteful?

You continue to equate for no valid reason funding with delivery of healthcare, and blame everyone else for your confusion.

Are you high? WTF are you attacking me for? What you’re yammering about hasn’t got a thing to do with what I said or what my fears are. Go take your meds and get it straight which bandwagon you’re on when you do. What do you even mean by single payer? Medicare for all? An enforced Medicare buy in? The dismantling of the ACA in its entirety? I have no idea what you actually support, and I’d thank you not to make me your whipping boy. If you’ve got a jones on about single payer, I’d appreciate it if you take it elsewhere.

1 Like

I saw a Q poll from twitter and I couldn’t get it to link but it was a lopsided 84% to 9% in favor of Release the entire Mueller Report

5 Likes

The fun part won’t be just making assumptions about blacked-out redactions, it will also be decoding all the Individual-1, Individual 2 nonsense. Because apparently, nobody will be named who wasn’t indicted.

Some of that should be obvious, but it might get harder, the further down a tree of contacts you go. Barr might even be relying on the way there is no definitive ID on on some of this stuff, to help bury the information.

2 Likes

Reduced spending means someone is making less. Those people are significant here.

2 Likes

Mitch looks like a complete hostage standing next to Fat Donnie. If Fat Donnie had a crown and scepter Turtle would be carrying his cape.

6 Likes

Good. I hope Trump thoroughly humiliates him.

4 Likes

I’m down with anything that can get a Democrat into the White House in 2020, and enough newly elected representatives with Ds after their names seated to wrest the issue of healthcare safely away from the Republicans. Period. Over and out.

The rest would be yet to come.

7 Likes

The only person that humiliates Mitch more is “the woman.”

4 Likes

hahahahahahahahahahah I can’t wait until she gets back to it.

2 Likes

I don’t get it. With Trump’s ability to redefine reality with over-the-top lies, why doesn’t he just take credit for Obamacare, and say he is responsible for its successes? He is capable of doing it.

It must be because he hates people so much, he wants them to suffer. But then again, so do 40% (and counting) of Americans.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available