Discussion: Trump's Move To Gut Obamacare Gives Dems Chance to Refocus After Mueller

2 Likes

The Trump administration will release it’s better, cheaper, covers everybody and everything draft legislation in a couple of weeks, or …

Never.

21 Likes

The 2018 midterms were largely about preserving access to health care, so this provides an opening big enough to ram a couple semis through…realistically, you were always going to have to defeat 45 at the ballot box. I doubt the GOP would’ve reacted if there had been evidence of obstruction of justice or collusion. 45’s their guy and they’re sticking with him come what may.

24 Likes

Go get 'em, Dems. This is just what we needed, coupled with a constant call to release the Mueller report.

24 Likes

“Trump’s Move to Gut Obamacare Gives Dems a Chance to Refocus After Mueller”

Hey, Trump isn’t good for nothing after all!

11 Likes

I heard an analyst this morning say that a minimum of 25 million Americans stand to lose their health insurance if this were to go through. (It makes me physically ill just to think about this happening.) Let’s see how the public responds when the Dems publicize that number.

19 Likes

“After Mueller”?

Beyond a small circle of people, including an AG that has decided to let Trump weaponize his cover letter, nobody has seen the report. It could well be that several weeks before its release, Barr simply pulled the plug: reportus interruptus. After Mueller would be after the report has been released to the public. Indeed, Trump’s acts of revenge are precisely what we would expect in this usurpation of power by the executive. Democrats have to decide whether to fight now and take their lumps or lay low and fight at some later date. Laying low is a bit different than refocusing.

11 Likes

Just remember we can do more than one thing at a time.

17 Likes

Obama will always be more loved and respected.

11 Likes

Stupid title. One might think that some people might want to hurry Democrats’ interest in the Report along.

Sorry about that. Here’s why:

No Report means that a Comprehensive 22 month-long Investigation of what is essentially a Mob Boss masquerading as “president” has been rendered moot.

• Resulting in inaccurate information on Trump by “exonerating him”

• Having been caused by bending the law in Trump’s favor, thus negating the Rule of Law

• Resulting in trashing Mueller and turning him into a “hero” for Trump

The main danger here is the damage to the Rule of Law. If a POTUS can select an A.G. and that A.G. can protect him from a legitimate investigation, we will have descended into lawlessness.

9 Likes

OMG. This is political stupidity of the highest order on team Trump’s part. Is there nobody in charge? They basically gave every single Democratic talking head on cable news something to pivot on.

CNN Personality: So what do you think of Barr saying Trump is the most innocent president ever?
Democrat: Wolf, how can you even ask that when millions of American’s are about to lose the healthcare keeping them alive?!?!

18 Likes

OMG, maybe Trump is part of the Deep State! :wink:

Thanks for writing our campaign ads, #Dotard!

4 Likes

As tiny as Donald’s mushroom dick is, he just can’t help stepping on it.

4 Likes

I think this is what they call drunk with power. Right?

Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad.

9 Likes

GOP Logic:

• Everyone gets a gun? Saves lives.

• Everyone gets healthcare? Kills people.

20 Likes

“will have”? Dude, that ship’s done sailed.

6 Likes

We won a National election on a pro-GOP playing field by 8 points on the ACA. If they bring this crap for 2020, that 8 point win gets electorally magnified both in the EC and the Senate while probably also yielding us another 10-20 house seats.

19 Likes

I hate to say this, but they broke the Rule of Law when they let him pardon Arpaio and let that pardon stand. He acted outside the constitution when he did that because Arpaio was in contempt for violating other people’s constitutional rights. It was not a valid pardon legally in my view.

From there it’s all just been held together by I don’t know what.

7 Likes

In addition, if we get the Mueller report and establish that Trump is a danger to national security that will damage the GOP even more.

13 Likes

Folks, we may end up with a double feature: an ACA strike-down and over-ruling Roe. Just in time for 2020.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available