Discussion: Trump Urges Senate GOP To Ditch Filibuster After ACA Repeal Failure

6 Likes

This is exhibit A for why there is a filibuster in the first place. I bet he will be singing a different tune if/when the Democrats retake the Senate in 18.

41 Likes

PINO.

And now even your own party gets it.

Happy tweeting!

31 Likes

What good does killing the filibuster do when YOU CAN’T GET TO 51???

Donny ‘can’t do basic math’ Trump.

50 Likes

He’s a loon.

26 Likes

It’s amazing how open and visible his profound stupidity is when he talks about the mechanics of government. He’s like that guy who had a hole in his stomach. P.S. Bravo Allegra for saying he “toggles” between contradictory views. Really captures the mindless ease with which he drops one passionately held belief for another, then drops that and picks up the first one again and so on as circumstances dictate.

55 Likes

What’s amazing to me is that millions of people voted for this guy and are still supporting him. That I really don’t get.

39 Likes

Trump really does imagine himself royal somehow, he wants absolute power to establish laws he accepts.

These guys have no idea how government works, they all think we’re still either peasants or royals and the government works for the royals… they just don’t get it that our entire, original national purpose was to permanently eliminate that delusional construct and establish an unwavering national fellowship of equality without class distinction.

The separation of powers IS that precept in action, our independent justice institutions and their independent branches were created to prevent the abuse of power by fledgling or nascient despots of our own making.

But these guys think the President owns those branches exclusively and can use them for political and financial gain. They treat the Justice Dept and our foreign and domestic espionage agencies as if they are subsidiaries of some big corporation they just stole in a shady deal, and now they can use them personally and shamelessly.

Trump really wants to dictate, not govern, and figures his election gave him that option.

This absurd misconception now rules our White House.

53 Likes

McConnell has made it clear that’s not going to happen. Besides, pretty sure most Senators despise Trump whether they say it or not.

Exhibit 1, the Russia sanctions bill he was forced to sign. Not to mention the attempted strong arming of Senator Murkowski, the insults directed towards McCain and Collins, and the destruction of Senator Heller’s reelection chances.

I don’t think there’s a sympathetic ear for him in the Senate, except for that supreme dirt-eater Cruz.

36 Likes

The 48 GOP yesses are so thrilled that Donald isn’t Priebusing them that they can “Yes, Mr. President” anything he tweets. Doesn’t matter whether it’s disinclination to act or their unparallelled incompetence. Nothing will come of it.

6 Likes

For a guy who constantly brags that he is such a great deal maker, he sure does suck at making deals.

45 Likes

Toomey likes the taste of ass, if I’m not mistaken.

14 Likes

:sunglasses:

10 Likes

Trump likes to talk about setting records. Well, he just set one for shortest time to becoming a lame duck.

20 Likes

the smell of it, for sure…

2 Likes

left-hate

8 Likes

Someone interviewed one of the rural malcontents who purportedly provided his victory. Reporter asked "what do you think he will do for you. She–that’s right, a woman–said., “Probably nothing. I just wanted to say something.” Guess she still thinks she’s saying it.

26 Likes

The latest rumors are that Trump is planning to move away from the Republican Party. Would be a stupid move - leaving him no support as Russiagate heats up - which is why I don’t put it past him.

Trump is talking, but no one is paying attention. Which is why the Mooch had to take it to defcon 5 for anyone to listen…and we’re only more appalled at what we’ve sown.

27 Likes

Ah yes, compete, fail, compete, fail, oh change the rules because he cannot compete. You know, like Captain Kirk and the Kobayashi Maru… It worked for the election.

I still wonder what his real time line is. I guess he is not coming up to standards with the Kremlin.

18 Likes

I suspect he can count at least that far.

What he’s doing is depending on his there’s a sucker born every minute base to believe that 8 Democrats stopped the Republican bill in its tracks.

Some of them do read a little and they know it was three Republican senators who killed the bill. For them, Trump’s hurling the insults at MCain Murkowsi and Collins.

But for the rest, he’s covering all the bases and pinning it on the Democrats. Total lie. Total fake news. He’s excellent at it.

18 Likes