Discussion: Trump Urges GOP To 'Play Along With The Game' Of Releasing Mueller Report

I prefer to think that Obama has just been President Emeritus since 2017, and we’re just experiencing a vacancy in the WH pending the next election.

10 Likes

Coming soon from a Twit near you:

“On the refusal of the Senate to vote on a non-binding resolution about releasing the Mueller Report, I told leadership to deny any attempt at transparency. Makes us all look strong and defiant. Control the game!”

5 Likes

I’m not sure Trump can “block” the Mueller report if the upshot is a bunch of referrals to SDNY and others for criminal prosecution/indictments. That will more than speak for itself and there’s no blocking that.

Whatever Trump and his team have in mind, I’m going to keep the faith that he won’t outsmart Mueller, until I see otherwise.

14 Likes

A few days ago, Nancy Pelosi was quoted about Impeachment and the answer seemed “weak” by many. Some reporters did not help the situation by theorizing that her stance (which was not that inconsistent with what she was saying all along) was prompted by her believing that the Mueller report would be more favorable to Trump than previously thought.

6 Likes

Every single bit of this about the Mueller Report including and especially this constant notion that it’s coming out any minute now is all speculation - and you cannot base anything on what Trump says.

16 Likes

13 Likes

It doesn’t look like anyone knows what’s in Mueller’s report, and we may be disappointed at its lack of specificity. He’s not looking to condemn, or prosecute Fatso, but lay out facts for other entities to take up.

Speaking of which we can be cheered with two new developments. In the state of NY both the Manhattan DA Vance and the state AG Letitia James are going after him for all the crime he’s committed in that state, eg, the foundation, charities, fraud, etc. Congress cannot interfere with these cases.

13 Likes

So much losing, the cognitive dissonance is leaking out like crap from his Depends. Individual-1 can’t stand being the loser so he makes up pathetic excuses like this. Of a piece with his “I said Tim Apple to save words” BS explanation.

4 Likes

So many reporters, so much idle, uninformed opinionating as they stand around in a circle talking among themselves and giving the impression they know anything more than Jane Q Public.

4 Likes

Conventional wisdom has been so wrong when it comes to Mueller, it’s laughable. When’s there’s a vacuum -such as with Mueller’s Sphinx-like silence -reporters rush in to fill it despite lack of information or sources. And I believe they’re also mystified by Pelosi’s recent utterings. The media doesn’t understand strategy or the long game, in general. They’re interested in the current news cycle only.

17 Likes

Trump’s mark: “Gee!! Mr. Trump gotta be innocent if he sez THIS!!!”

Trump and his marks have a symbiosis. He helps 'em dream. They help 'im stay out of prison.

1 Like

Nobody Panic ! … this was deliberate ! —

4 Likes

Mystified? Or just trying to fill in the 24-hour news cycle?

I’m kinda going with the second option. Since nobody knows anything, but those TV hosts still need to fill the hour, it’s easy to just throw a bunch of pundits to sit around and discuss what the meaning of “is” is.

Then the papers print what the TV is blabbing about, which leads to the evening shows getting to say, “As the Washington Post reported this morning…”

It’s the ultimate self-licking ice-cream cone.

9 Likes

I think of him as The Forever President which might conjure up a dictator who appoints himself president for life, but more a remembrance when we had it pretty good and had no idea what would follow. Though on election night I know I couldn’t sleep trying to imagine what it might look like with a man who didn’t run in order to win.

7 Likes

What’s up with that? Did Barr (who was there praising Trump for his veto just now) tell him he will sanitize the report of all Trump delicts?

1 Like

Watching TV talkers throwing out 17 varied opinions and ourselves taking up some of that theorizing later? Mea culpa.

2 Likes

Yeah I think you’re right. Nancy did throw them - they were all convinced that impeachment was impending. I’m sure they were hoping too since it would make stories that write themselves.

8 Likes

I avoid those like the plague… But when I’m booting up the cable box to go watch Game of Thrones (pre-binging everything before the last season), it defaults to CNN, so I see it for a few seconds until I can switch…

1 Like

Yeah Cheney and NYT’s Judith Miller played that duet over the Iraq war justification.

2 Likes

I’m talking about MSNBC talkers who I think are just a little less excitable than CNN’s.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available