Discussion: Trump Tweets Video Of Himself Attacking Figure With CNN Logo Edited Over Face

The belief and the possibility that Pence will suffer at the end of a trumPP presidency however it happens and bring disunity to the party is being embraced by more people, and it probably began with an article in the Atlantic, and is now being talked about by Frank Rich is his latest essay. Perhaps the commentary falls under esoterica, and it’s certainly not on cable but worth checking out. See two links to the reporting on this theory.

https://newrepublic.com/article/142752/dont-fear-president-pence-liberals-welcome-him

2 Likes

7 Likes

Who doesn’t like a dangling participle with their morning coffee? I do, but I am on the West Coast.

2 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

That was a awesome video, but I do think I heard a large amount of boo-ing over having a Goldman guy represent the nation and a fair amount of boo-ing as well over saving money for Mexico. So it may be that these ongoing Trump rallies are less helpful to him than everyone seems to think…

1 Like

Unfortunately, the crap continues until:
–the President tires of this crap
–or the Trumpp-selected Vice President plus a majority of the Trumpp cabinet tires of this crap and Trumpp doesn’t dispute their position
–or the Trumpp-selected Vice President plus a majority of the Trumpp cabinet plus two thirds of the Trumpp-enabling House plus two thirds of the Trumpp-enabling Senate is tired enough of the crap to overrule Trumpp’s objection
–or until a majority of the Trumpp-enabling House is tired enough of the crap to pass an article of impeachment and two thirds of the Trumpp-enabling Senate is tired enough of the crap to find that the president is guilty of the charges in the article of impeachment.

That isn’t encouraging.

The wild card is whether or not Mueller & co. find such compelling evidence of such important crimes that the Trumpp-enabling Congress can’t just tsk tsk and wait for the news cycle to turn.

Amendment XXV

Section 1.
In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3.
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4.
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

1 Like

9 Likes

Donnie Dipshit is too stupid to have thought this stunt up for himself.

1 Like

Traitorous Trump is sick.

:smiley: I’m really old, too, and persnickety. Things like “your” for “you’re” and dropping the Oxford comma drive me crazy.

2 Likes

baboon (apology to primates)
balloon (sorry, Albuquerque)
cartoon (apology to Mr. Crumb)
ectozoon (apology to fleas)
entozoon (apology to tapeworms)
goon (apology to British TV…nah)
greasy spoon (apology to Fleetwood Diner)
lampoon (apology to Harvard)
loon (apology to birds)
maroon (apology to Robinson Crusoe)
moon (sorry, Luna, but his ass is really big)
prune (apology to plums)
ruin (apology to Romantics)
spittoon (potty mouth)

1 Like

maroon (you should also apologize to Bugs Bunny)

4 Likes

On This Day in History:

1862 President Abraham Lincoln signs act granting land for state agricultural colleges

1890 Congress passes Sherman Antitrust Act

1921 President Warren G. Harding signs a joint congressional resolution declaring the official end of war with Germany

1926 US Army Air Corps created;

1932 FDR makes 1st presidential nominating conventional acceptance speech

1964 1964 President Lyndon B. Johnson signs Civil Rights Act & Voting Rights Act into law

1986 US Supreme Court upholds affirmative action in 2 rulings

2017 President Donald Trump tweets violence against a free and independent press.

4 Likes

Like us :wink:
Can’t. Look. Away. Arrrgh!

1 Like

WaPo has story up about the tweet, pointing out that MANGOTUS stole it from Reddit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/07/02/trump-appears-to-promote-violence-against-cnn-with-tweet/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_pp-trumpcnn-1028am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.8dbd580c8822

4 Likes

Agreed. I am tired. I work for a living. I work damn hard for a living. It is important to follow what is happening in the world, but insane to try to to follow this discusting stew of ranting petulance served up to me. I have no time for this nonsence. I need “Flump Be Gone” in a spray can!

But I love this puppy!

1 Like

Science fiction is becoming documentary. What prophesies will manifest themselves? Canticle for Liebowitz? Void Star?

1 Like

The ever straight shoot’n’ Mike Lee.

2 Likes

Something about a bag of bagels wasn’t it?

First he examined the jotted notes. They were scrawled by the same hand that had written the note glued to the lid, and the penmanship was no less abominable. Pound pastrami, said one note, can kraut, six bagels—bring home for Emma. Another reminded: Remember—pick up Form 1040, Uncle Revenue. Another was only a column of figures with a circled total from which a second amount was subtracted and finally a percentage taken, followed by the word damn! Brother Francis checked the figures; he could find no fault with the abominable penman’s arithmetic, at least, although he could deduce nothing about what the quantities might represent.
–Walter Miller

3 Likes