Discussion: Trump Tweet: 'Hold The Date' For July 4 Event Featuring 'You Favorite President, Me!'

1 Like

Hubris, hubris, hubris !

13 Likes

Various responses come to mind:

“Darn. I’m pretty sure I have to do something extremely critical that day, like trimming my toenails, so I guess I’ll have to miss that hyuuuge event.”

“Yes, because July 4th is all about Trump, as there is no historical significance to that date and nothing to celebrate except for Trump’s presidency. It’s all about him.”

“Things I’d rather do than attend or watch that event: listen to two hours of fingernails scraping down a chalkboard.”

“Let me guess: ‘not many people know about the 4th of July,’ right?”

“My favorite President is speaking? Really? You got Obama to sign up to speak? I’m there!”

31 Likes

Actually I’m hoping for fireworks earlier and also, too, send my best wishes that Fatso will be able to see our Independence Day celebration through the 4 X 6" window in his cell.

20 Likes

11 Likes

I think it’s about time. July 4 has been an underappreciated holiday, particularly in DC. It’s about time they had a Salute to America, and even more apt that they finally have fireworks. I’m assuming Trump intends to cancel the annual celebration on Capitol Hill that is broadcast on PBS in order to allow us to hear our favorite current president talk about himself.

31 Likes

Major fireworks display, entertainment and an address by your favorite President, me!

15 Likes

This is the guy who’s routinely described as falling somewhere between good and excellent at “changing the narrative.” Call me a contrarian but I’m wondering if he hasn’t lost his fastball on that.

27 Likes

July 4?

Reminds me about the time, when a very rich Dane of dubious distinction as a Banker, offered to pay for a major street, ‘Nørrebrogade’, to be named after him. The Copenhagen city council declined (we don’t roll like that in Denmark), and the joke at the time was “Why this ? he could change his own name to ‘Nørrebrogade’ almost for free.”

29 Likes

Has anyone ever been more clueless, oblivious, moronic, idiotic, narcissistic, self-deluded, dimwitted, and just plain stupid than Trump? Impossible.

29 Likes

No.

:laughing:

15 Likes

33 Likes

Of course, it’s not like there’s been a major celebration of the 4th of July on the Mall in Washington since, oh, 1980 - with smaller celebrations taking place annually since 1870…

19 Likes

Biggest horse’s ass in the history of the world…? No one is even close for second place…

20 Likes

Isn’t July 4 about America, all of America, and specifically not about the President ?

Donald wants to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral…

This seems suitable

’You’re fired!’ America has already terminated Trump
Robert Reich
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/24/youre-fired-america-has-already-terminated-trump

19 Likes

I know you couldn’t resist but I also know you know Dubya was a Metternich compared to Trump. He’d probably had drinks on the veranda with more foreign heads of state by the time he was 25 than I can name today. He was a bullheaded dry drunk who didn’t know shit and couldn’t learn worth a damn, but he’s no Trump.

21 Likes

Re: that W gif

Though Trump did have his ‘mission accomplished’ moment (DPRK and Helsinki), he’s going to have to do a lot more to defeat that ‘forever’ moment.

5 Likes

Don’t give him any ideas.

3 Likes

What an embarrassment: here’s the link for video of Trump displaying such a crescendo of trumpstupidity that Chinese trade representatives laughed out loud

15 Likes

y’all need to stop giving me challenges.

12 Likes