Discussion: Trump Told Defense Head He Doesn't Want To Go To War With Iran

You could take the word “attack” and substitute any policy position you can think of, and it’s got an extremely high likelihood that it’s something Trump has already said or is going to say soon.

1 Like

…and NAFTA. And TPP. And the Paris accord. &c.

3 Likes

Can I just say what a good look is for the US? Does Trump realize this isn’t a reality show called “So You Want To Act Like You Run America!”?

Wait. Don’t answer that.

1 Like

Why in Earth would Iran want to negotiate a deal with us when Trump had just shown we won’t keep a deal if we reach one?

3 Likes

bullshit. it’s all media manipulation because he’s seeing the reactions that expose his belligerence and he wants to shift the narrative to being forced into action…
keep in mind his first briefing by his national security staff included him asking why the u.s. couldn’t use nukes.

1 Like

Short answer : though the ‘reverse’ is obviously in play, he still thinks that he’s a hero.

This is what scares me. Mr. Decider has unwittingly raised the stakes with Iran (thanks, Bolton). This “Administration” has fueled Iran’s aggression. There is no way, NO WAY, Trump will back down. Of course, this would be the sensible thing to do, but he will not do that. War would be preferable to backing down. Looking weak and foolish (in his mind, not a leader making a difficult, but correct, choice because of a dumbass National Security Advisor), can never happen in Trump World.

I don’t see Iran backing down either.

Bolton is very possibly going to get his wish.

Edit: Not sure what happened, I was trying to respond to @brooklyndweller.

2 Likes

What is simple about the process is that he agrees with the person who was the most flattering or who brought the best cheeseburger.

Been down this rabbit hole before. Of course the neo cons want war with Iran so they can control the oil. Next stop will be China.

Then why’d he appoint effing John Bolton?

I’m sure that Iran will want to talk soon.

I’m sure it will be like is with Russia, China, and North Korea. They talk and you listen.

Exactly!!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available