Discussion: Trump Told Defense Head He Doesn't Want To Go To War With Iran

Of course it is, and the summer hiatus is approaching so we need a cliffhanger pronto.

3 Likes

With a side of chicken.

4 Likes

I make a decisive decision. I swear to God I yelled at some marketing people the other day via e-mail and got a message from their boss deploring my decision to ignore the “informative information” they had sent me. Look, nothing personal, but if we dropped all the marketing people off a garbage scow into the open ocean would it be so wrong?

10 Likes

Pointless exercise. They’d just tap into the transoceanic cables and set up call centers down there…

5 Likes

aquascam

4 Likes

That’s why I posted TPM’s mascot.

It’s ‘funny’ as hell that he tweeted that out, because everyone knows what happened with North Korea, but Twitter is his ‘lil blue pill’, sooooo.

4 Likes

This all feels very, very . . . . Kabuki.

1 Like

I don’t think Putin wants the US to go to war in Iran or Venezuela. Competing priorities, everyone beholden to someone else. Awkward!

1 Like

Those things that donnie takes out of the

’ BAD - DON’T TAKE OUT OF BOX ’ …box —

1 Like

Trump is weak. Trump is dumb.
Trump is easily manipulated.

John Bolton isn't.

John Bolton is leading Trump into a trap where he'll have no choice but to start a shooting war with Iran.

John Bolton would give his left tusk to be in a shooting war with Iran. #WagtheWalrus #Iran

— Ron Asher (@rmasher2) May 17, 2019
1 Like

“but, but Fox News and OANN said that it’s ok to do that.”

1 Like

See ? ? …

a few sprinkles … gets 'im everytime ----

[ " heeeere little boy " ]

1 Like

(borderline) O/t

Hopefully it’ll happen before the missles start flying, but NJPW needs to release EL Phantasmo’s Bullet Club theme to the public.

@irasdad

@clunkertruck

2 Likes

they have a couple of missiles too …

1 Like

“hello, is the impound yard?”

1 Like

But seriously, two can play that game.

2 Likes

k …

2 Likes

This all could have been avoided if Mayor McCheese hadn’t backed out of the Nuclear deal. There was proof that it was actually working; Iran was complying with UN investigators, and it kept them from making nukes. McCheese backed out of it because, of course, it was an Obama deal. This is another one of those cases where his ego has backfired on him. I just pray he doesn’t commit to a senseless and useless war…

1 Like

From the NYTimes today:

Mr. Trump is less frustrated with Mr. Bolton over his handling of Iran–he favors the tougher measures as a warning to Tehran

As a warning to Tehran or as a warning to us?

–than over the evolving narrative that his national security adviser is leading the administration’s policy in the Middle East, according to three officials.

It’s so comforting to know he has prioritized his episodes of umbrage

1 Like

Yeah, why this garbage even gets printed is beyond me. It’s all a set up:
“I didn’t want to go to war with Iran, but they forced my hand”.
War (along with cheating, treason, racist voter laws, etc.) is a tried and true GOP election strategy. So some people die, meh.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available