Discussion: Trump Thanks Himself For Rising Consumer Confidence Index

1 Like

Donald could save the world from a killer meteor, and his bragging afterwards would be so intolerable that you’d defund NASA entirely to make sure he couldn’t stop the next one.

28 Likes

I’m in. During the Trump administration, he gets 100% of the credit for all things that go well. And 100% of the blame for all things that go wrong.

31 Likes

Who will be first in line to bitch when everything completely fails to trickle down?

17 Likes

It’s all the result of Obama’s hark work, but Trump will gladly take the credit it.

22 Likes

I think this improved consumer confidence is due to people expecting to lose their medical insurance, having their Social Security and Medicaid benefits scaled back, and the prospect of paying more for many items at the store due to Trump’s stated intention of imposing various tariffs and taxes on the whole range of imported goods they buy. I can see how all the above would bolster their confidence.

31 Likes

I’m down with this but doesn’t he have to wait until 12:01PM 01/20/17? And speaking of noon as the time the inauguration starts do we want to bet on how late he’ll be showing up to get sworn in?

11 Likes

Narcissists don’t really have a great sense of time.

12 Likes

If things actually go well, he can trump-et his success to his heart’s content. I am reminded a bit of a President who earned a Nobel Peace Prize when he had barely taken office, basically for not being the other guy.

1 Like

Yep
http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/12/26-words-trump-tweet-fully-dissected

5 Likes

ALreadY deliVering on Promises and He Hasn’t eVen been sworn iN!

12 Likes

It’s a bubble.

8 Likes

And that is my final word on the subject.

17 Likes

Now we’ll see Trump’s assertion being debated in the media. The man does know how to lead the press by the nose.

16 Likes

16 Likes

The implosion of his administration is going to be like a meteorite slamming into Earth. It will make W’s fall look like a drifting leaf.

Oh, and for those who think the MSM will always run interference for him, I don’t think so. Just wait until his pedestal starts cracking. The opposite of adoration will lead every newscast. Many media types are just waiting for the moment when they have the all-clear to avenge his bullying.

It’s not very mature, but this is the well-established m.o. among the media in our country. Pump 'em up, shoot 'em down.

15 Likes

What about these numbers, Donnie?

40 Likes

I think Trump voters, especially the older ones, are very relieved that things will get better.

They have no idea what’s on the line.

I read yesterday that a good portion of them think that more people are uninsured today because of the ACA and I’m sure there are tons of people in coal country that just know that their good union jobs are coming back.

21 Likes

People think fewer people are insured under ACA? Wow. Do you have a link?

3 Likes

Perhaps people are giddy that they will get to Grab and face consequences?

1 Like