Discussion: Trump Thanks Himself For Rising Consumer Confidence Index

The links are in this twitter thread.

ETA, I bet you can guess which way the 31% vote.

24 Likes

If China invaded Hawaii in 2018 you could fast forward to 2026 and polled GOP voters would say it happened because President Obama was asleep at the wheel when it happened.

24 Likes

Racism is a very dangerous thing. It makes you believe that because an educated, brilliant, and thoughtful black man did a great job as President, an ignorant white man can do just as well.

15 Likes

Sexism matters, too.
Did you read that Obama plans to model his post-Presidential activities after the Bushes?

1 Like

Yeah, but even Obama was a little weirded out by the whole thing and to my knowledge heā€™s never mentioned it since. Plus, that was never Obamaā€™s deal. The Nobel Peace Prize committee just awarded it to him. Trump is taking credit for something he had little to nothing to do with because heā€™s flat-out delusional. Iā€™d say that if things go well under Trump after heā€™s put in the hard work and itā€™s demonstrable that his policy played a part, he can take credit for it. Until then heā€™s still a megalomaniacal nutcase.

24 Likes

Yeah, sure ā€“ why not? You know, HO, I hear thereā€™s still time to claim credit for two of the classroom guppies giving birth to a boatload of babies during the Christmas weekend. Over fifty babies were able to swim to safety and not get eaten by the mothers. I guess even the Planned Parenthood Under the Sea must have lost its funding. Youā€™re good, dude ā€“ really good!

8 Likes

Loss of Medicare and Social Security is FAR from a done deal. Even Obamacare.

There will be a strong backlash against the GOP if it attempts radical change.

3 Likes

And when every single one of those 31% lose their healthcareā€“be it Medicare, Medicaid or private insuranceā€“I wonā€™t shed a tear ā€¦ of sadness. Now, laughter, I wonā€™t guarantee.

13 Likes

"Righteousness is a wide path. Self-righteousness is a bull horn and a blind fold."

12 Likes

Trump was just elected. His voters are too invested in giving him a chance to affect change to immediately draw a line in the sand on his initiatives right out the gate. Look for Trump and the GOP Congress to move very quickly on the gutting of the safety net and crippling of the ACA while theyā€™re in the grace period of his early Presidency. They know they have an early window to essentially get away with murder. Theyā€™ll take advantage of it.

14 Likes

Even on ACA insurers are worried about the uncertainty, and even Trump voters are worried about losing coverage.

The GOP will break things, but then it will OWN all of it.

3 Likes

I hope he never shows up.

Maybe heā€™ll decide he loves his money most and would rather keep it and continue his obfuscatory grifting than be held to account for his incompetent governance.

6 Likes

Golly, Donald claims he aroused the confidence fairy.

8 Likes

O, lord ā€“ the words ā€˜Donaldā€™ and ā€˜arousedā€™ in the same sentence ā€¦ Iā€™m getting sick to my stomach right now. Says Melania.

15 Likes

If facts were money, the Right would be involved in a vast Ponzi scheme that would eventually collapse under its own weight.

Too bad facts arenā€™t money.

Edit:

Wishful thinking.

7 Likes

Damage will become very real to people. There will be a backlash.

1 Like

Gosh, Donald can do everything but a press conferenceā€¦

5 Likes

And where will that backlash be directed? What evidence is there that the Democrats know how to direct anger into an effective political force. People were angry and confused after the financial meltdown on Bushā€™s watch caused by a reckless and greedy financial industry.

That anger gave birth to the Tea Party.

3 Likes

Ainā€™t that the fucking truth? Anytime the GOP break something, they always get this angry look in their eyes, point at us and scream, ā€œThey did it!ā€ The problem for all of us is they keep breaking more and more valuable and rare things. I fear now that theyā€™ve gotten a hold of something so one of a kind that once itā€™s broken, weā€™ll never get it to work right again ā€¦ ever. And I donā€™t really want to wait around until Avrum Cochran breaks the warp barrier.

13 Likes

I stand by my plan to put a halt to spending money on all but the absolute necessities and will work to purchase necessities thru back channels whenever possible. My personal mission is to slow the economy beginning on 1/20/17 and I hope there are others willing to join me. Farmerā€™s markets, buying second-hand via craigslist, etc. New purchases from Costco - I appreciate how well they treat their employees - as much as possible.

The blue states are the economic stimulators and the red states are the beneficiaries. Let them bootstrap themselves to their own prosperity. Or, in this case, their demise.

13 Likes