Discussion: Trump Suggests His 'Tapes' Threat Influenced Comey's Testimony

“But when he found out that I — you know, that there may be tapes out
there, whether it’s governmental tapes or anything else, and who knows, I
think his story may have changed. I mean, you’ll have to take a look at
that,” he said. “Because then he has to tell what actually took place
at the events, and my story didn’t change. My story was always a
straight story. My story was always the truth. But you’ll have to
determine for yourself whether or not his story changed.”

There’s a name for that. It’s in the tip of my tongue. No, it’s not insanity. It’s something else. Some legal definition that I can’t quite remember…

13 Likes

Wow. They really should just muzzle him. Maybe get a designer muzzle….guilded and bejeweled …. so it gets him the attention he craves. But really….he is certifiable. And in our WH. (nausea coming on….)

8 Likes

Have some crystallized ginger–it helps. (Actually it really does help for nausea.)

3 Likes

I love ginger. Ginger People are my friends. I have ginger juice, minced ginger, and crystallized ginger in my kitchen. Oh, and ginger tea.

8 Likes

Just a second. I thought Spicer said that Trump’s statement about the tapes wasn’t a threat.

7 Likes

The Ginger People! Their Ginger Syrup is heavenly!

3 Likes

Shouldn’t the headline here be:

Trump Admits to Witness Intimidation

Asking for a friend.

33 Likes

governmental tapes or anything else, and who knows

Who, indeed…
Depp may have said it but Trump is doing it…actors.

Has there ever been a bigger con man in or outside of politics?

No one but a Russian gangster needing to launder money would do business with this scumbag. Unfortunately for all of us, the ignorant bigoted Re-piglickins voted for this dangerous psycho. They all need to be flushed down the toilet of history.

6 Likes

You really thought this one out, Trump. IF that’s so then you are vouching for Comey’s testimony that you are guilty.

21 Likes

The problem with lying is you need to keep the lie consistent. That is impossible for Trump. Trump cannot recall or chooses to forget that he’d already branded Comey a liar. Anjd now he is claiming credit for Comey telling the truth due to his intimidation which I believe runs afoul of the law. So, if he now accepts that
Comey told the truth then the part where he asked for loyalty is also the truth?

This whole thing is incomprehensible anymore. This interview is another disaster.

20 Likes

You’re right - Trump does not remember at noon what he said at 10:30.

10 Likes

Too bad. You should have kept your lying trap shut.

3 Likes

Trump as head baboon thinks he can just spew lies and he wins. He strongly believes in the bigger fool theory. Problem for him is that even his Trumpers are beginning to find his rants boring and his lies indefensible. He’ll become even more unhinged when his poll numbers reach the low 30s,

5 Likes

@leftcoaster

This entire interview is available at WaPo with highlighted annotations. It’s full of “we’ll see” as in “I don’t know WTF I’m going”, and this is how we’ll stumble into another decade of war in the Middle East. You ought to thank me for reading it and decoding it because now I have a pounding headache. Hahaha

14 Likes

Of course! He told a line, but only in the service of The Truth. Whattaguy!
Oh, bless him!

2 Likes

Drumpf believes that lying is okay as long as he isn’t under oath (and even then he’ll lie his orange ass off). So, he lies constantly, changes his story from minute to minute, contradicts himself 10 times a day and spits out lies like watermelon seeds. He’s totally unstable and immoral and there’s no way he’ll change. So, there will come a day when he’s subpoenaed or otherwise makes statements under oath (with perjury charges waiting) and he’ll know what “pucker factor” means. If Mueller does a decent job of this, Drumpf will be convicted of crimes that we haven’t even considered yet. Keep in mind, even Drumpf’s lawyer now has a lawyer.

9 Likes

Forget impeachment. It is time to 25th amendment this guy. In light of today’s interview, I don’t know what Republicans are waiting for. He is unfit period end of subject. Pence will sign anything and everything that Republicans put in front of him. Unless top leadership is involved in the cover-up -which some claim- it is long past time to pull the plug on this monster and his cabinet.

11 Likes

Man I so agree with this = just invoke Article 25 already - fuck impeachment, remove him and let him stand trial multiple times for multiple crimes.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available