Discussion: Trump Signs His First Veto After Congress Rejects His National Emergency

I bet Donald hated it that he vetoed a bill and all the press wanted to do is ask him about white supremacists like he was an expert witness. It was almost like nobody cared about his Wall or that he was president. And they don’t.

But the white supremacy that continues to fuel mass murders and puts all those minority toddlers in cages will continue to be an issue that will propel Donald right out of the White House in 2020. He’s lost Country Club women voters and even Pro Life activists.

There are issues and then there are issues that are topical. Nothing Trump is advocating is skewing higher. This Border “Crisis” is actually bringing him down and validating everything Dems are doing to stop him.

2 Likes

But it is exposing the conservative hypocrites to real shame and ridicule among their own. The entire brand is turning on itself.

2 Likes

snarkarific —

2 Likes

The president signs a veto? I thought a veto was just them not signing a bill into law.

1 Like

He’s giving the greenlight to the new green energy bill. Surprising how one’s attention can be turned from being a centrist to being up for the new green deal didn’t think I would but hey if this is the way they want it this is the way they’re going to have it. If there’s anyway to stop him that better or else the new green deal is Sure… And he just took $1 billion out of the budget for science how about that. His tax cuts for the rich has increased our debt by $2 billion and he just decided to try and balance his budget by taking $1 billion away from science in the next budget. See how he is. Donald we get to see your income tax returns believe you me and when the new Democrat president takes over your butt is ours I’m going from Sanchez to a hardliner lefty and everyone else will follow me Mark my words new green deal is if she win thank you very much Donald Trump.

As will Mr. Meuller, I hope.

4 Likes

Yes - it offends your sensibilities, and mine and the vast majority of Americans - - - but what is most important to Trump - it does not offend him in the least - and it actually appeals to the darker hate-saturated views of his toxic racist base…
and over the next 20 month we will lose track of the number of time we are stunned by Trumps blatant & deliberate crass insensitivity - and his unsubtle tossing of raw meat to the twisted hate Hyenas.

2 Likes

I suspect those bills don’t come with return postage, so that may be what he has to sign for.

The fun part, I’m sure, is watching Trump try to rip-off someone on his staff for $0.50 : - )

Got a stamp?
No, sir.
Got any money?
Uh, no, sir.
But I gave you a tax cut… oh, wait. I’ll call Rupert.

1 Like

This is among the dumbest thing he’s done since he’s been in office!

Personally, I’m sick of his stupidity!

1 Like

On some level it seems that Trump is employing this “emergency Powers” over reach - and the veto - as a sort of testing of the waters - process validation - desensitization - normalization to assess the usefulness , potential for success and over all utility of this option for executive action in the future.

He has clearly encroached on matters that are the Congresss’s to decide - and now he knows how many Republicans are willing to roll over and ignore the constitution and obediently do his bidding …

also - that “I am ordering the grounding of Boeing 737s” was not just an out of control ego (which it was in part) - it conditions the population to accept his unilateral orders as ‘acceptable’

1 Like
Trump Signs His First Veto After Congress Rejects His National Emergency

Would Beto veto?

"Pelosi sets March 26 for date of veto override."

I really think Dump’s head would explode if both Houses voted to override his veto.

2 Likes

The very definition of sycophant.

1 Like

Does the House’s attempting a veto override require the Senate to try it too?

1 Like

Dump: “Wait, it happened in a mosque? I thought it happened in a Christchurch.”

2 Likes

And every day I look at a TPM comment board and find someone using “pussy grabber” or “grabbing” in yet one more pathetic attempt to be funny since the day moron boasted about assaulting women.

4 Likes

Fatso’s been using “invaders” in describing Central Americans trying to come north. Sure as anything the monster who shot up a mosque also used “invaders” to describe Muslim worshipers. There’s an Islamophobe in the WH which most of us knew from day one, and I’m afraid no matter who is elected in 2020 they will not be able to turn back this tide of world-wide, dug in hatred.

5 Likes

I thought the shooter in New Zealand said straight up that Trump was his inspiration and that he started planning this when Trump got “elected.”

7 Likes

That’s a fact, his manifesto praised Trump as “a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose.” Another of the shooter’s role models was Oswald Mosley.

We went on vacation to NZ some years back, it had at that time a back to the future Fifties feeling. Quiet unrushed cities and friendly people, but a gorgeous country from the north where we flew into Auckland to, yes, Christchurch in the south.

3 Likes

The woman’s got nothing better to do than to go to work and make things happen.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available