Discussion: Trump Signs His First Veto After Congress Rejects His National Emergency

1 Like
5 Likes

“dangerous,” projection

“reckless” projection

and “against reality.” biiiiiig projection

27 Likes

Did he goes with Sharpie or Crayola?

8 Likes

I recall a time when a veto was serious and was done quietly without any fanfare or circus-like atmosphere so as not to rub the veto in Congress’s face.

28 Likes

Mr President, you had two years of Republican control of both Houses, and yet you couldn’t get it done.

31 Likes

Hope Pelosi goes through the motion of overriding the veto, no chance of passing but puts the Trumpturds on the spot, and will have trouble claiming the “I made an oath to the constitution” bullshit.

26 Likes

In the wake of a white supremacist terror attack. 49 lives lost and he proceeds to veto a bill with way too much publicity and fanfare. It is gross and disgusting from a man who currently enforces a Muslim ban.

29 Likes

Done. “Pelosi sets March 26 vote for a veto override.”

She don’t fuck around.

41 Likes

Every day he does something gross and disgusting. This is just another day.

13 Likes

Time to change the law regarding declarations of national emergency. We need to roll back the imperial presidency before it’s too late.

10 Likes

Q-tip gives Trump a big ol’ sloppy kiss.

25 Likes

It’s still about HIM. There is no real policy issue anywhere.

There IS a Separation of Powers Issue.

22 Likes

Veto? Meh.

No wall for you, jackass.

13 Likes

The Traitor Tot knows McConnell has his back on this. There will be no override. This will be touted on State Run Media as a major victory. And there will still be no wall built…

10 Likes

Frighteningly like a Dictator’s lackey. History will be cruel to Pence

22 Likes

As Mark Sumner over at DailyKos says, Pelosi and the Dems should keep doing this again and again and keep making the GOP in the Senate vote on it again and again.

26 Likes

I love it when a RW Republican publicly debases himself, don’t you?

And how come Mother won’t allow Mikey alone with a woman but doesn’t mind him fluffing Trump in front of America?

15 Likes

“Earlier I spoke with Prime Minister Ardern of New Zealand to express the sorrow of our nation following the monstrous terrorist attacks in two mosques.”

“Now watch me cage these children.”

35 Likes

Let loose the dogs of boor!

Or,

“Police Academy, the Kal Kan Klass”

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available