Discussion: Trump Sides With Manafort: 'Unlike Michael Cohen He Refused To Break'

1 Like

Such respect for a brave man!

Translation: “Hang in there, Paulie. You gotta pardon in your future!”

12 Likes

Trump shows he’s even dumber than anyone thought.

Don’t hire Cohen as your lawyer???

He’s lost his fucking law-license, jackass. And it’s YOUR fucking FAULT.

Nevermind the fact he’ll be in federal prison.

12 Likes

That’s going to be the story. Trump and Hannity already are spreading it. Cohen committed perjury during his pleading in order to lessen his sentence.

Mueller dangled other opportunities for Cohen to commit additional crimes in exchange for going easy on him. Word is if Cohen rapes a small boy it’ll take a year off his sentence.

5 Likes

What an asshole. If anyone would “break” in two seconds, it’s “dealmaker” and cringing coward par excellence Trump.

15 Likes

12 year old tax case

I guess the age of the case makes it less potent. By this logic, Trump probably feels that some 300 PA Catholic priests should be left alone . . .

8 Likes

I’m confused. I thought Manafort only worked briefly on the campaign and Trump didn’t really know him. Why all the concern now for his family?
You would think a giant grifter would be suspicious when someone says “Hey - I’ll work for you for free!”

15 Likes

He Refused To Break’
…Yet
Polonium cocktail or 10 -20 in the FED
Decisions , decisions

He is more afraid of the Russians than Mueller

3 Likes

The end is coming and the only question is when will Congressional Republicans understand this and jump ship. Will it happen before the midterms or not. My guess is not. But one way or another the end of Trump’s Presidency is coming. The center cannot hold.

4 Likes

So he’d have us believe that Mikey was a maverick fixer who made up a story and a convincing document trail about money he unilaterally decided to pay to women with whom Mr. T did not have affairs? It’s all clear to me now!

4 Likes

This is precisely why it is imperative that Dems impeach if they take control of the House and why Nancy Pelosi should not be elected Speaker.
U.S. Constitution, Art. 2, Sec. 2: “[the President] shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.”

Excuse the obvious comment but he’s going to pardon Manafort, no doubt. They just have to soften up Trump’s supporters. And where will McConnell and Ryan hide while this is going on - wherever they are hiding today.

1 Like

This is clearly a “Hang in there, PArdon is coming”

The question is why would Manafort trust Trump to follow through?

Thus far his pardon’s have been base pleasing nods to racism. I don’t think Manafort has the same effect.

4 Likes

Muggsy is a good soldier. He won’t crack. Not never.

Geezzz how much mob talk can we take?

8 Likes

I don’t think the center can hold with a Manafort pardon. Sure, his base will always have his back… on that Trump was right, he could shoot someone and they’d have his back. But that base is dwindling and a Manafort pardon and I think at least the Senate would have to act.

2 Likes

And Manafort will do hard time. (tRump will realize that the cost to his hide will be greater than the benefit from pardoning Manafort, whom no one likes.)

1 Like

Somewhat OT but hysterical:

Stephanie Ruhl just said that “Mitch McConnel is in his turtle shell right now, it’s hard to get to him.”

8 Likes

Well maybe because Manafort has an apartment in Trump Tower? There will be a vacancy soon, so who is going to buy it? How long will remain empty?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t give a damn if all Cohen got was community service because he has such a treasure trove of damaging intel on Trump.

1 Like

Manafort is seriously cracking, especially with the NARA trial coming up.

1 Like