Discussion: Trump Repeats Vague Threat To 'Close' Border Unless Congress, Mexico Act

A classic example of the “Madman Theory” most effectively utilized by Sheriff Bart in Blazing Saddles “Hold it, the next man makes a move…” Problem for Trump is that everyone in Rock Ridge was an idiot whereas only 40% of the US is stupid enough to fall from Trump’s BS.

2 Likes

Sorry folks, the US is closed. The moose out front should have told you.

4 Likes

What ever happened with that emergency? Is that still happening?

2 Likes

It’s one of Trump’s enduring, and endearing, qualities: that he just cannot stop himself from shooting himself in the foot. “Pivoting” to health care, threatening to close the border, etc., my only comment to him is, “Please proceed, O Orange One.”

And if he does close the border, mostly because he just loves the attention, thinks it looks “Presidential” when he acts unilaterally, and because he thinks he’s not getting enough respect, the result will be disastrous for him, just as was shutting down the government.

That’s why when a concern troll on another site insists that “Trump gained another point in the polls! We’re doomed! Doomed, I say!” I laugh because I know that Trump cannot help but be Trump and that he will do something stupid soon enough.

4 Likes

OK, so, I’m sure I know the answer (ie. Trump is a fucktard), but why is it important to close the border ‘super soon but not yet’?

If there’s a massive crisis, and the border needs to be closed…why isn’t it closed? Why wasn’t it closed yesterday? Why isn’t there a rush to close it tomorrow?

3 Likes

We know #45 doesn’t do details, his cabinet also doesn’t do details. They flail away from one chaos event to another all the while claiming success.

The narco’s must be grinning ear to ear thinking about how they can use the proposed border closure to hike prices across the board.

1 Like

So true. He piled one stupidity upon another, then another, then a few more for good measure, back in the spring, summer and fall of 2016. And look where that got him. Damned idiot.

The Moron Don continues the attempted shakedown.

I think it would be appropriate to let trump into the family quarters of the White House and then lock the damned doors so he cannot get out. He needs to experience what “closed borders” feels like.
He should also at some point have someone explain to him some history concerning shutting down the Mexican border and the results thereof. In 1969 Nixon shut down the border in an attempt to stop marijuana smuggling. The cross border traffic in legal good was stopped for 2 weeks. Produce rotted in the trucks. Americans visiting Mexico (I was one) could not get home. But the marijuana smuggling did not slow down at all. Operation Intercept was an abject failure. Now trump wants to commit his version.

3 Likes

I sure hope I outlive this asshole. I’m going to get piss-drunk and empty my bladder on his grave.

1 Like

BORDER CLOSED

THE UNITED STATES IS FULL AND NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED
TO ENTER UNTIL SOMEONE LEAVES

TAKE A NUMBER
DON'T CALL US – WE'LL CALL YOU

2 Likes

He wants Mexico to halt the people from Central America before they get to the border. IMO the ‘crisis’ is a self-fulfilling prophesy. Somehow this admin has exacerbated any problems. Removing financial support to the (other 3 Mexicos) or how ever they think of those countries. (??) is, once again making matters worse.

What – in 3-weeks or so no tomatoes, no avocados— prices going up, auto plants shutting down. Can you imagine Cinco de Mayo without guacamole? :cold_sweat: Just dwell on that thought for a moment.

How bad can donald make things… don’t even begin to surmise…after all we are in a National Emergency now and he could shut down the internet.

2 Likes

Aaaaand here’s the capitulation the mighty Trump has secured. I need hardly add it’s imaginary.

4 Likes

Welp, there goes infrastructure week again.

2 Likes

Just for background:

Don’t mess with the avocado police.

1 Like

Two words: Fucking idiot:

3 Likes

I wish one of the reporters during these informal press conferences would ask him “Do you think we should close the border with Puerto Rico too?”

The answer from Trump might be revealing.

5 Likes

President repeats vague threat to…
squeeze another staffer’s bottom
eat the last onion ring
bomb Venezuela
find the remote and throw it out the window if KellyAnn doesn’t switch back to fox

I bet staffers hear him repeating vague threats for hours at night

2 Likes

It’s even dumber because it’s not like Pelosi is going to even remotely pay attention to his childish antics or be in any way moved to take action.

3 Likes

Let the damn fool close the border and see how many of his followers peel off. There would be layoffs at auto manufacturers within one to two weeks following the closure.

The synonym for “stable genius” is “brain dead stupid”.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available