Discussion: Trump: Puerto Rico Leaders Want 'Everything To Be Done For Them'

It’s not just the inexperience with government that’s the problem. I believe an intelligent, thoughtful, creative, ethical person with actual business experience would bring in a team of experts in each area of government, would study up on what s/he didn’t know, would work tirelessly to become the person people thought they were electing.

The issue with Tramp isn’t his lack of prior experience, it’s the failings of the man himself. He is a trainwreck, a sociopath and malignant narcissist and he’s going to destroy the country and beyond if he isn’t stopped.

But I know you already know this… just had to vent once again.

25 Likes

Jeez. I guess we can’t count CNN among the Puff Press. Although they may feel a need to “Fair and Balance” things later.
Nonetheless this’ll leave a mark.

4 Likes

This is not well know, but locals are sending video messages. They are reassuring family that they are okay.

@spencersmom Whatever it may be called in the Diagnostic Manual, his pathology is such is that he can only feel better about himself and boost his ego only after he’s denigrated others (“Streep underrated actress”, ), Mel’s task as FLOTUS was announced as something to do with bullying. She’s asleep, John Kelly’s asleep, Jarvanka’s asleep, and so the bullmoose will continue to bellow.

7 Likes

To be fair to Trumpp: he did repeatedly mention Puerto Rico’s debt. The man isn’t so heartless that he would ignore the plight of the banks.

22 Likes

He is a miserable FK! There is nothing else. He attacks people that have nothing. He tries and make them the ‘other’. He did that with Obama going to Hawaii like it was some exotic port of call. Now to PR. He will try and tear them down so he can steal from them. He is egregious. Try doing that to Texas or Florida and his ‘base’ would attack but PR? Watch the lemmings.

4 Likes

Because it becomes more germane each day, please reread my post from yesterday about Tramp literally turning away from a dying, bleeding man because 1) he was disgusted and 2) he was appalled at all of the blood on his beautiful marble floors.

There is a link embedded to the original report from the Howard Stern interview tapes when Tramp recounts the story.

15 Likes

Exactly.
I’m sure you saw Josh’s article yesterday about(my words here) the crooked-city(or state) tactic of deliberately letting a property deteriorate, or helping it deteriorate, so that you and your buddies can swoop in and make a killing on fixing it. Trump thinks he’s going to be able to milk Public-private "infrastructure " graft. I understand as TX gov Perry built a graft “highway”. I think a swarm of reporters will be all over this scam and it won’t work, but that’s whats up.

6 Likes

He didn’t do that til, I believe in the wee hours of Monday morning - long after landfall of the Hurricane. He started the NFL tweets The morning after his Alabama Rally.

2 Likes

Let’s just take a moment, one little moment, to relish the reaction when the Mueller report comes in.

4 Likes

If it ever comes. I’m sure it will, but then again…

It makes me think of when Enron ruled the day and started ‘selling’ privatization to small island countries over I believe utilities including water. Once in control started jacking the hell out of prices. But that is SO 2002.

2 Likes

Univision is on the ground reporting in Puerto Rico. This one is in Spanish, datelined Thursday on the south coast:

1 Like

Larceny never gets old to the Trumps of the world.

3 Likes

Oh, it will. These things take time; this is about 50 times more complicated than the Watergate investigation, and that took years. It’s good timing - closer to 2018 elections.

2 Likes

Heard part of a radio interview yesterday with a guy who was part of an informal HAM radio network - he’d made over a hundred calls to family in the US whose relatives had no way to reach them until a HAM operator in PR got his set running and was able to get messages out in what he described as a game of telephone.

6 Likes

I understand, it may’ve been from an article on TPM, that the number of shell corporations is what’s slowing things down. So yeah. But at the same time, I don’t think we have the luxury of waiting anymore. Now, it’s a case of not just people are dying, but a LOT of people are dying. The cholera outbreak will be awful.

5 Likes

Trite but true: where this is a will there is a way. It’s heartening to know spirit is still surviving.

4 Likes

It was so good I had to repost what you said.

8 Likes

This is a crisis of Trump’s own making. Sure the hurricanes were intense, but what really made this into a human crisis was Trump withholding aid for 9 days, then hesitating even to suspend the Jones Act. Meanwhile, no sanitation, no food, no clean water. Trump did this.

14 Likes

And while we’re talking about what individuals can do to help, I would encourage people to look at donating to Shelter Box .

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available