Discussion: Trump Pledges Texas Will Get Recovery Funding Despite His Shutdown Threat

1 Like

“I think you’ll be up and running very, very quickly, really very quickly”

This guy must be a real hit at funerals.

27 Likes

Jeebus on a Soggy Triscuit, Cletus. Not too familiar with how the appropriations process works, are you?

27 Likes

Trump: In The Wall vs Harvey, I think the winner is going to be Trump Tower in Houston.

6 Likes

“Does this situation make you reconsider the possibility of a government shutdown next month?” a reporter pressed.

“I think it has nothing to do with it, really. I think this is separate,” Trump said. “Again, I’ve spoken to many of the people we’re talking about, and everybody feels the same way I do.”

Was just about to say that he really doesn’t understand the process. He knows TX needs disaster funding and he also knows that he wants his wall and he thinks that everything will be bipartisan because reasons. I just ignore the Russian installed buffoon.

13 Likes

DRAIN THE BAYOU!!

6 Likes

“I think you’ll be up and running very, very quickly, really very quickly. So yeah, I think you’re going to be in fantastic shape.”

What is he talking about? The recovery effort? That could take years. Who’s going to be in fantastic shape?

17 Likes

No, he doesn’t understand how any of this works. Within 5 minutes of the statement heading this article, Trump went back to talking about a government shutdown over the wall. ("I hope it doesn’t happen, but it might. . . ") The reporter tried to follow up by saying if Mexico is paying for the wall, why would we need a budget showdown - but the reporter got cut off.

17 Likes

Or, as Juanita Jean Herownself so succinctly put it:

“Trump knows for damn sure he better not come to Houston. He’d baptize him and not in the nice way. Hell, if he sets foot in Houston, we’d have to skim nasty off the flood water for weeks and we just don’t have time.”

http://juanitajean.com/oh-hell-no-3/

7 Likes

I was thinking at hospice.

3 Likes

It’s going to be hard to gauge when much of East Texas has recovered. There are some sorry places there. Seriously. Beuamont has needed disaster aid since forever.

7 Likes

Sure thing, Even though FEMA says they plan to be there for YEARS, numbnuts!!!

5 Likes

To think that people voted for Pence to “get God back in the White House.”
O Ye of Little Faith.

When just today Trump gave a heartwarming press conference with the President of Finland. A tearful Donald launched a salvo of Thoughts and Prayers heavenward–T&P for Texas, for Louisiana, for the Governors of the states, for the boots on the ground. His own T&P, and those of other Americans. He’s not just a president, he’s a Prayer Aggregator.

Then, apparently the Man Upstairs directed him to attack the Clintons.
“And what about Willie Horton? What about whatshername! They weren’t patriots! Sheriff Joe is a patriot!
People don’t know! They don’t know!”

And then the voice from above guided him to NAFTA and The Wall. " Tremendous drugs! Worst trade deal ever signed anywhere! You need the wall! Maybe it won’t be neccessary to shut down the government , we’ll see! We’ll see!"

And then a reporter asked him if he had full confidence in Tillerson.

And Lo, he was struck dumb.

13 Likes

Why bother asking questions when the answers are so full of shit?

13 Likes

THIS, according to Trump, is going to be fixed and be fantastic very quickly. That kind of obliviousness can’t possibly inspire any kind of hope or confidence

12 Likes

I wish someone had asked him if he had to choose between his wall and hurricane relief for Texas, which one he’d pick.

6 Likes

I guess that’s the ticket, he can ask congress to piggy back the funding for the mexican border wall with the Texas Hurricane relief funding. No way democrats are going to vote against that, he can then claim that the wall construccion was “bi-partisan”.

Risky strategy? Absolutely . But Trump is an expert on taking gambles when the downside is borne by someone else. If the the bill passes the losers are the democrats, if it doesn’t, well the texans get screwed, but they already said that there is nothing Trump will do that would cause them not supporting him. Besides Trump doesn’t have properties in Texas so F…k them.

3 Likes

He’ll do both, no problem, he’s magic!

5 Likes

Yes the Wall will now be a wind break or something hurricane-y.

1 Like

It’s a variant of the Trump unit. “We’ll have it in two weeks, it’ll be fantastic”

8 Likes