Discussion: Trump On Paltry FEC Filing: Fundraising Has Been 'Incredible'

1 Like

“Birth of a Ponzi Scheme.”

17 Likes

Incredible, meaning “impossible to believe.” I would agree with that.

23 Likes

Man bites dog! Trump says something that is no lie.

“Incredible” dictionary meaning:

impossible to believe.

synonyms: unbelievable, beyond belief, hard to believe, unconvincing, far-fetched, implausible, improbable, highly unlikely, dubious, doubtful;

11 Likes

Main meaning of “incredible” : not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable:

So, yeah, his “fundraising” is incredible all right.

10 Likes

Hah! We posted same idea within seconds. All of us @lizzymom

3 Likes

Yeah, and I was typing too.

Great minds and all that…! (@inlabsitrust, @yail_bloor)

1 Like

I’m waiting for the revelation that the $46 mil Trump has supposedly “contributed” is actually a consulting fee he’s charging his campaign for the advice he has given his own campaign. As they say… Priceless.

10 Likes

The FEC report showed Trump’s campaign took in $3 million in May, compared to Clinton raising $26.4 million.

Sounds bad, sure, but it doesn’t include the $1.35 he found in the couch cushions last

7 Likes

You really cannot make this stuff up.

And if you read it in a novel you would dismiss it as “unbelievable” (or perhaps I should make that “incredible”??)

8 Likes

Every day another Baghdad Bob moment.
Someone needs to do a video collage of them side by side with their impossible claims

7 Likes

Again, Trump just doesn’t seem to understand how this works. He needs lots of money; saying that he doesn’t is not going to make people write bigger checks. I suppose that actually asking for money just feels too much like something a loser would do.

7 Likes

In fact, I think the money Trump’s “contributed” is all made up of loans he expects to be repaid from the donors with interest. There are also hundreds of thousands in in-kind contributions which will be reimbursed by the campaign. Trump draws the press back to Mar-a-Lago every night, where they spend money at Trump properties.

It all adds up. We thought Palin’s grifting was outrageous. This is the biggest scam ever, in a presidential campaign. Happening right under our noses.

18 Likes

…or

16 Likes

Perfect picture for the story.

1 Like

“If need be, there could be unlimited ‘cash on hand’ as I would put up my own money, as I have already done through the primaries, spending over $50 million dollars," Trump said in the statement. "Our campaign is leaner and more efficient, like our government should be.”

This guy is starting to sound like an Amway distributor.

12 Likes

Most of Trrump’s preferential loans to the campaign have come from his businesses rather than his own pocket, so I wonder if any failure to repay these loans could be carried as a loss by these firms, on the grounds that the loans were made to enhance the business value of the Trump brand. The loss, if allowable, can be taken against taxable income for the year.
Likewise, if these loans are repaid in full, some of them have been for services provided by Trump-owned businesses such as Mar a Lago, and thus reflect profit for the Trump business.

7 Likes

Incredible is one word for it.

3 Likes

This ‘lying’ thing…it’s like a tic, right? He can’t help himself. Someone does research, checks the filings and they are lying or out to get him or something…because in REALITY it’s been the BEST, the BIGGEST. The only problem is ‘reality’ never actually comes and he just moves on to the NEXT big lie.

3 Likes

I thought Trump said he doesn’t need money and can finance this all himself. Why is he even trying to raise money? Could it be that was lie? Nah.

One the main reasons his supporters like him is that he claims he is self funding and therefore not beholden to big donors. By admitting he is raising money, Trump is both admitting he isn’t funding the campaign himself, and also knocking out one of the main pillars supporting his wobbly campaign.

5 Likes