Discussion: Trump Nominates Climate Change Skeptic To Top Science Job At USDA

I suspect he’s an expert in food.

21 Likes

American farmers and agribusinesses voted overwhelmingly for Trump, so they get what they deserve out of these fools.

More specifically:

"The budget also includes a surprise that’s particularly unwelcome to big Midwestern farmers. It proposes new restrictions on government-subsidized crop insurance, a program that is particular favorite of grain farmers. The changes, which would require congressional approval, would limit the ability of large farmers to take advantage of those programs and cut government subsidies by more than $2.5 billion each year.

In a statement, the American Farm Bureau Federation said that “this budget fails agriculture and rural America.” Similar criticism came from the American Soybean Association and the National Corn Growers Association."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/05/23/529685787/congress-and-farmers-are-shocked-by-proposed-usda-cuts

Normally I’d think that this policy extremism would provide a golden opportunity for the Democratic Party to recoup some of its losses in rural areas, but I’m not sure the Dems know how to do that. It’s sad, considering that not too many years ago there were plenty of solid liberal Dem Congresspeople from the farm states.

18 Likes

Does he have any qualifications for USDA, beyond having eaten more than his fair share of cholesterol-laden foods?

12 Likes

88 89 points

4 Likes

I’d say, well, maybe THEN they’ll figure out that Goopers are not good for them.

But, of course, there is Brownback sucking the lifeblood out of Kansas and still getting the farm votes. So, my only conclusion is that there seems to be absolute no ability to understand cause and effect…

5 Likes

17 Likes

this administration is breathtaking in its utter incompetence. i’m not being hyperbolic at all when i say that my 14 year old son could put together a more competent administration.

i feel more and more like this is Ashton Kucher’s “punk’d” coup-de-grace. there’s just no way all of this can be serious.

8 Likes

Damn you…I was just about to make a “wafer thin” joke haha

10 Likes

Yep…and even more breathtaking is that it’s totally deliberate and nobody in the media will say so.

14 Likes

no, they’re too busy jocking the president’s nuts in interviews and making sure they don’t ask any questions that he might not understand.

Sorry bucko, political science is not science. I am biased since I science for a living, but yeah, yer just an idiot.

3 Likes

and still getting the farm votes.

Like most rural Americans, farmers are heavily Republican and tend to vote primarily on tribal identities that are hugely influenced by religious affiliations. Democrats are degenerate drug-pushing welfare-queen enabling Muslim sympathizers who want to destroy the American family farm, and Republicans want to restore good ole fashioned Evangelical Christian values. Wheatfield Jesus on I-70 near Colby, Kansas, represents their world view.

http://www.agentsoftheundertow.com/the-resurrection-of-wheat-field-jesus

7 Likes

He’s as qualified as most of the Cabinet appointees, so there’s that.

11 Likes

I have enough of a science background to know when I’m being boofed

LOL!
Tubby should check out the Urban Dictionary’s definition of boof and boofed.

4 Likes

Holy shit, Oliver Hardy’s twin brother. Sad.

5 Likes

I took a vow last week to do no more ad hominem attacks and no more comments on anyone’s appearance, then they post this!

So…is he hiding a fish in his throat or is he just blowing it up to appear larger for mating season?

8 Likes

No. Just no.

You’re telling me that man who looks like a human-pig hybrid, wouldn’t know science from what was being flushed down his toilet bowl and says that he’s been “boofed” is going to head the agency that, amongst other things, monitors the safety of the American food supply? Jesus tap dancing Christ!

Clovis has openly questioned the scientific proof for climate change, in a departure from the scientific consensus. In 2014, Clovis said he was “extremely skeptical” of that consensus.

“I have looked at the science and I have enough of a science background to know when I’m being boofed,” he said in an interview on Iowa Public Radio. “And a lot of the science is junk science. It’s not proven.”

3 Likes

Callista Gingrich for Ambassador to the…oh, crap.

7 Likes

It’s sad, considering that not too many years ago there were plenty of solid liberal Dem Congresspeople from the farm states.

Yep, it’s sad that those “solid liberal Dem Congresspeople from the farm states” didn’t address the true needs of America’s heartland such as the need to put Black and brown people, uppity women and fags back in their natural place.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available