Discussion: Trump May Consider Third Party Run: 'The RNC Has Not Been Supportive'

Discussion for article #238671

Are you sure “The Donald” is not a Democratic Plant…hell…Hillary might even carry Texas,

19 Likes

Wait, wasn’t there an satirical article just yesterday suggesting this very thing? Which only goes to prove the axiom; political satire is funny because there is truth in it.

Now an appeal to The Donald; PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, run as a third party candidate.

18 Likes

Oh hell, I know I’m dreaming and I hope I don’t wake up!

5 Likes

This doesn’t require stocking up on popcorn; this requires stocking up on gourmet popcorn.

27 Likes

in other news… ever petulant Donnie Dipstick hires Ralph Nader as consultant in order to explore the best way to run a 3rd party candidacy…

11 Likes

I know T-Rump is only saying this to bully the RNC so it’ll stop treating him like the bag of garbage that he is, but we still can dream, can’t we?

7 Likes

“…They were always supportive when I was a contributor. I was their fair-haired boy,” he told The Hill

“I want to do what’s right for the country — not what’s good for special interest groups that contribute, not what’s good for the lobbyists and the donors.”

So, it's OK, even expected, that he should have his interests considered and protected because of his past contributions to the RNC. He lobbies them, they return the favor. But when his opponents get contributions and as a consequence consider and protect the interests of THEIR contributors that's poor conduct. I get it.
13 Likes

I think this is the only situation better than if Trump were to get the GOP nomination…

Hopefully he continues to force the repubs to to try and keep up with the circus act (like chain sawing reems of paper, putting phones in blenders, and generally saying crazy and offensive things) for a little while longer.

After that, a 3rd party run, a la Perot, with infomercials and everything would be delicious. :grin:

9 Likes

That’s an OUTRAGEOUS statement! He’s more like a box … yeah. that’s it … a box of garbage. I have not prayed in years but I will be praying that God guide Tronald to that golden land of third party magnificence.

We must all help him decide on a name for his new party. What will it be gang? Looking at his hair and immediately the Whig Party comes to mind but that was taken. How about the Got Zero Problems Party, the G0P … their mascot can be the Mastodon since they are not around to be insulted and start suing everybody. Just the nearsighted vote alone would get them 5% right out of the gate.

6 Likes

That’s amusing that plant story. I doubt Trump would lose $ playing the part of a plant for the Clintons. I do think it’s amusing considering recent polling showing if Trump runs a 3rd party campaign. The GOP nominee loses the election. That is a huge leverage for Trump. What can he extract from the GOP not to run 3rd party campaign?

2 Likes

TPM:

“I’ll have to see how I’m being treated by the Republicans,” he [Trump] said about a third-party run. “Absolutely, if they’re not fair, that would be a factor.”

I frankly think Trump is too disorganized, unfocused, lazy, and temperamental to successfully petition and get ballot access in all 50 states as an independent candidate. That said, I’d much rather see Trump run as a Republican because he’s such a great symbolic representation of the Republican Party and Modern Conservatism.

But if Trump were to do a third-party run, I’d be okay with that too - it’s not like he’ll be stealing many votes from the Democratic candidate.

7 Likes

Oh…too much schadenfreude this early in the morning!
Polling in the mid 20% with high unfavorables. Still, a devoted following of loons that easily sinks all GOP hopes. AND…a Billion$$$ at his disposal if he chooses to go the third party route!
Gooooo’ Donald!

The GOP clowns were already falling from the sky…and THEN…The Donald arrived

12 Likes

Congratulations, Conservatives!!! YOU built that!

22 Likes

"I’m not in the gang. I’m not in the group

Well the media and the GOP seem unable to not enable. One after another cable hosts yesterday tried to make Lindsey’s phone blender gambit seem less pitiful and mechanically reactionary than it was…The still baffled and usually more safely opinionated Hardball host even asked his panelists to help him understand why the phone blender was effective or silly.
But, even hard core sycophantic media could barely keep a straight face fluffing Rick Perry’s high school metaphor-packed Trump take-down in their failed attempts to keep the GOP afloat one more painful day.

4 Likes

RUN DONALD RUN!!!
Please, Please, PLEASE run as an “Independent” 3rd-party candidate.
“I’d buy that for a dollar!”

1 Like

Donald Trump on Wednesday hinted that he may run as a third-party candidate if he continues to be treated poorly by the Republican National Committee.

That’s the only way Hillary Clinton can win the Presidency next year.

If Trump does that, please welcome Madame President Hillary Clinton.

18 Likes

I think this is a great idea. The Republican establishment is beholden to religious extremists, billionaire robber barons, oil companies and military contractors.

Donald Trump’s campaign will be undermined by the Republican establishment. He should run as an independent regardless of the outcome of the primaries. It would be good for American democracy and for social and fiscal conservatives.

3 Likes

Yes. This is the political version of The Art of the Deal.

2 Likes