Discussion: Trump Loss In Financial Records Battle Sets Stage For Future Fights With Congress

Keep moving buddy - this seat is taken.

2 Likes

Once you give someone a lifetime appointment all bets are off. Any one of the fab five corporatists could defenestrate Trump.

14 Likes

God I hope so. It’s a great fantasy isn’t it? A pleasant illusion. Roberts moving left to save ‘his legacy’.

5 Likes

Congress is adjourning later this week, for one.

4 Likes

Mazars will comply. But when the Courts order the DOJ or some other executive branch functionary to comply and they don’t, that’s when the true Constitutional crisis will begin.

14 Likes

Must be one of those damn Obama judges I keep hearing about.

7 Likes

For the looks of it the RNC. Or maybe NRA another lawyer big spender.

9 Likes

Need to find out who the disgruntled ones are. Who are the whistleblowers? WHo IS itching to comply with a lawful subpoena?

3 Likes

But see, our numbers out number their numbers. That’s why I don’t think Democrats need to try to court Trump voters, but rather get their own base out. Fuck Trump voters. If you support Trump at this stage you’re either an idiot, or ultra-wealthy.

20 Likes

“If the Trump administration can delay the resolution enough to get past the 2020 elections,” McQuade told TPM, “they will not have to respond to the congressional subpoenas in a way that is going to matter before the election.”

Not responding in of itself is quite an issue to bring forward.

They may be hoping for fatigue as well as delay, but this could be used and backfire against them handily. I would pound the desks daily and loudly…

Why are you defying the rule of law?
Why are you trying to hide everything?
Why is Donald Trump so unwilling to let the people know who he really is?
Why can’t Donald Trump stand up to scrutiny and hides like a frightened child in the cupboard?
Why is Donald Trump not man enough to face his accusers and put these problems to bed?
Why can’t Donald Trump bring it?

And don’t give me the protecting the Presidency shit. (Said that way exactly).

7 Likes

Apparently Tillerson has been quietly talking to the House Foreign Affairs committee…(check over at Daily Beast, I can’t easily link from this device).

Karma will get her due.

17 Likes

How did this piece miss the fact that Trump’s appeal will be going to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia:
Merrick Garland’s Court?

3 Likes

I also see the possibility that if tRump loses court case after court case, he will tweet, “You people don’t deserve me” and resign. And, it would happen out of left field and very quickly. The broadcast networks would interrupt normal programming for hours and Moron would fly to Florida for endless golf.

5 Likes

"The Trump team obviously benefits from delay.”

Which is how the Fascist Five will turn this into a win for Trump while still deciding the case correctly.

This is NOT something that Congress “rushing” will fix. No amount of “do it all right away” is going to fix that the partisan fascists on the SCOTUS will hand Trump a functional victory by refusing to consider this before this summer recess. They will then eventually come back with an opinion that supports Judge Mehta but too late for it to be of any practical significance in stopping the monster or having anything that’s obtained make a lick of difference in the election.

2 Likes

They aren’t sure the fix is in with the Supreme Court. If they were they would be pushing to get the case there as fast as possible. The fact is John Roberts is not Trump’s man. He is devoted to his role in history. He is also devoted to the court. Trump’s argument changes the Constitutional balance of power. We might be surprised who else among the conservatives on the court would be reluctant to accept Trump’s radical legal argument.

13 Likes

No fanfare or announcement of Tillerson speaking to the committee. Rex spoke to the committee without subpoena maybe? Hmmm. No love lost between Tillerson and Trump. Wonder if anyone’s told POTUS?

8 Likes

If he did that even his base would be calling for jail time, which he would surely get when all the investigations, fed and state, find him guilty.

1 Like

The writing’s on the wall, and just like your signature, it’s big and it’s bold.
A small man knows the compensation value of a big signature, ay, DonnieBoy?

3 Likes

Source? One major supreme court decision made correctly doesn’t stack up well against what, 15 years of decisions which reliably delivered 5-4 margins for his Party.

I see lots of people talking this point, but there’s no objective data out there that suggests he’s anything other than a partisan hack.

Who occasionally pays lip-service to the formality (i.e. ‘no Obama judges’) of pretending that the judiciary is anything other than a political wing which has amassed more power than the other two branches combined.

1 Like

I’ll bet old Rex is relishing every delectable tidbit he can dig up and pass on.

He probably has his own reasons to stay under the radar, but Spankee has more reasons to hide the fact that Rex is wreaking revenge for his treatment. Now that this is getting out into the world, Spankee’s gonna go up like Krakatoa.

His Twitter account is going to be on fire tomorrow.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available