Discussion: Trump Loss In Financial Records Battle Sets Stage For Future Fights With Congress

1 Like

Every single request, every subpoena - every judgement and ruling - will be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court.

Why? Because it buys time - and they believe the fix is in with the Supreme Court.

40 Likes

Take a bow, Amit.

And please get a security guard, bro.

40 Likes

44 Likes

She still has a tight fist on those scales, hope she kicks them in balls and gets back up.

Or what was it…just SING! Shin, instep, nose, groin.

37 Likes
69 Likes

Trumpf hasn’t lost until the records are turned over to Cummings et al. Pains me to say that but those bastards don’t go down easy.

13 Likes

Hitler is what Trump would be if he had better time management skills.

35 Likes

My bet is that when push comes to shove and the courts rule against them they will ultimately defy the courts too, including the SCOTUS.

38 Likes
37 Likes

That backlog of Greg Gutfeld Shows in Trump’s DVR keep us all safer…

5 Likes

James Buchanan? Someone cited James Buchanan for something other than causing the Civil War?

9 Likes

He must be talking about the last Congress unless he’s just referring to Republicans in this one. Because the House Democrats are clearly not indifferent.

And I’m getting tired of all this concern trolling. This Congress is moving, not standing around. I get that it’s not fast enough for our instant society, but calling them “indifferent” is simply lazy and inaccurate.

47 Likes

Thank you for saying that.

16 Likes

Hope Hicks and Annie Donaldson have been subpoenaed. Wonder whose paying for their attorneys?

14 Likes

[quote=“ralph_vonholst, post:9, topic:88149, full:true”]
My bet is that when push comes to shove and the courts rule against them they will ultimately defy the courts too, including the SCOTUS
[/quote]And the media would just call it unprecedented and move on to the next tweet distraction.

12 Likes

Trump does appear to be an Andrew Jackson fanboi.

12 Likes

The tweet is from 2017.

3 Likes

And let’s not forget the Supreme Court adjourns at the end of June. THAT’s what they’re really counting on.

12 Likes

I think it’s important for people to understand that Trump’s game here might not be to run out the clock. That’s what everyone says his game is, but I kind of doubt that’s what it really is. Think about it: for him to truly “run out the clock” he’ll need to stall the investigation for more than a year. How likely is that?

We’re not at the two minute warning here folks. We’re at the start of the fourth quarter, the Dems have the ball and I don’t even think team Trump is ahead in the score.

If that’s true, then running out the clock wouldn’t be a good strategy at all. What would be a good strategy? Get the other team so angry and worked up that they start making mistakes. Get them to hurry when time is really on their side. Call them all cowards for not acting more quickly than they really need to.

That would be my strategy if I were them. From much of the comments I see, it appears to be working too. And maybe that’s what Nancy Pelosi is trying to prevent from happening.

37 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available