Discussion: Trump Introduces VP Pick Pence: 'We Are The Law And Order Candidates'

I would prefer “Cheers” candidates, or perhaps “Happy Days”. Even “Welcome Back Kotter” would be OK.

9 Likes

Yes, he is being made a legitimate candidate with unprecedented, unfiltered, free media exposure. Those who think Donald’s nuttiness merely drives more Dems to the polls are kidding themselves. While that will happen, yes, the larger effect is low info voters view Trump as equal in standing to Hillary because he is legitimized.

27 Likes

Nah, it was that little fellow with the brush mustache circa 1930

13 Likes

Trump should either read or wing it. When he does both in one speech, he looks fake.

1 Like

We are the morons
My friend
And we’ll stay idiotic
To the end
We’re the white party
You think you’re so smarty
We are the white males
At least those not in jails
No rights for fembots
Or coloreds
Or head knots
Watch your ass

17 Likes

If Dems win, which I believe they’ll do (big), it’ll be more than anything else due to the level of rage that Trump induces in decent people, not the all-fired-uped-ness of Hillary’s campaign. Trump on the ballot is the best Dem GOTV strategy of all.

7 Likes

And even with parts of this world that are just unraveling (domestically and internationally), he doesn’t seem to be benefiting from “terror, inc.”. Yes, his base lap it up with 10 spoons, but it isn’t translating to the country at large.

4 Likes

Hillary wants to raise taxes on family farms ? 80% of Pence’s speech was just made up BS.

20 Likes

Criminal Law, not Tax or Insolvency Law, of course…

4 Likes

Because Rump thinks that when he goes off script and adds his own brand of insanity, it makes the prepared speech better.

Yeah, I know.

8 Likes

Did either of them say anything about Turkey?
Pretty amazing and telling omission, if not.

6 Likes

Then Trump basically said Pence didn’t even know who he was endorsing. It was weird.

4 Likes

BOTH of them are so incredibly clueless about foreign affairs, it’s really horrifying.

Of course, to Rump’s acolytes, that’s considered to be a positive.

7 Likes

Picture a meteor about to strike earth on November 2016. NASA knows about it…and decides to cut by 80% its capability to stop the meteor, claiming that people will be more “excited and energized” with the “danger” factor.

That is the MSM we have. The people operating these “news” services KNOW that Trump is insane. The money is simply too good to turn down…Even though the Economist rated Trump as a security risk. Even with the 1001 items of proof of his insanity. Even with the irreparable (for youngsters in their formative years, especially) damage Trump is doing to this nation’s SOUL.

I read a something from another TPM poster yesterday. She flatly admitted that she has no idea of how to stop the MSM from doing what they are doing. I tried to cheer her up… But, in actuality, in the boardrooms of the six collections of men who run the MSM, there is very little say-so as to what directives they give to their Chuck Todds and Andrea Mitchells.

I would like to say that cyber-communication could be of help…but the MSM creates social reality for too many Americans.

We are going to have to impress upon the MSM that, as “consumers” (their weak spot), we are ON to their bullshit.

A tough job

22 Likes

THAT, brooklyn, is INCREDIBLY GOOD news.

7 Likes

I know people who will vote for these clowns. The last time Republicans were in office they crashed the world economy and started a war that could still lead to Armageddon. People please remember that.

16 Likes

About the same.

Lawless and authoritarian, is more like it.

10 Likes

And now I hear the logo is gone. I am going to miss that so much.

8 Likes

Anybody notice the song playing YOU CAN’T always get what you want!!!

22 Likes