Discussion: Trump Increasingly Using Cell Phone To Bypass Kelly's Authority

President Donald Trump is frequently turning to his cell phone to contact advisers, a sign that he is seeking to circumvent chief of staff John Kelly’s gatekeeping and take direct control of who has access to him, CNN reported Monday.

No need to worry about John Kelly being out of the loop. Sean Hannity is being patched into all of these calls.

4 Likes

OT

17 Likes

Honestly, this is evidence that he’s not crazy. He’s demonstrating malice aforethought in his efforts to workaround Kelly and do things “his way.” A “crazy person” would not be able to plot and scheme the way Trump does.

6 Likes

I do stand corrected.

I think. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d be worried if I thought Trump actually read and understood the detailed security briefing.

But lets face it, Trump with a cell phone isn’t a security threat, because he’s not credible. Trump with a cellphone is the ultimate disinformation campaign.

10 Likes

NSA, CIA & FBI can tap phones too. I’m counting on them to do it, actually.

8 Likes

Don’t talk about Melania that way.

I’ll show myself out.

25 Likes

Oooops.

11 Likes

There is no collusion. There is no collusion. There is no collusion. There is no collusion. There is no collusion.

There, that fixed that little problem.

5 Likes

4 Likes

No one hacked a cell phone ever…

3 Likes

This practice reportedly could pose
security threats, as cell phones are vulnerable to hacking and
eavesdropping, as well as hampering record keeping for historical
archiving and accountability.

I take it then that trump never secured his personal phone with NordVPN? He wouldn’t spring for the $4/month fee cuz he’s too cheap?
Seriously now…the president is using an unsecured phone??? I knew he was stupid but this is epic.

3 Likes

Please don’t use being female as a put-down for a man.

6 Likes

C’mon folks, leave Donny alone. Let him have all the rope and unsecured line he wants and let him run.

3 Likes

Unless Jared and Kislyak came through on that back channel after all.

The odds that any number of foes and allies don’t have access to his location and camera and microphone at all times has to be miniscule. It’s not just the content that he intends to communicate that’s the issue.

3 Likes

Such a child.

2 Likes

3 Likes

For the record I’m a female and I’m no more a mean teen girl than I am a horny teen boy. In other words, it didn’t apply to me, I didn’t see it applying to females, and I don’t see it as a problematic use of a common trope at all. Unless you see any use of a female word applied to a male subject as inherently denigrating. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

ETA: Fucking comment system amputated my arm. Please mentally insert the backslash. Thanks.

13 Likes

Man Terrified of Wire Taps Uses Personal Cell for Important Calls

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017
15 Likes

You forgot to click the heels of your bullshit waders three times. You’ve got to do it right!! :grin:

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available